RHBA-2018:2101 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated director installer packages that resolve various issues are now
available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (Newton) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building, deploying
and monitoring a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud
running on commonly available physical hardware.
Changes to the openstack-tripleo-heat-templates component:
- When removing the ceph-osd RPM from overcloud nodes that do not require the package, the corresponding Ceph OSD product key was not removed. The subscription-manager would incorrectly report the Ceph OSD product was still installed.
The script that handles removing the ceph-osd RPM now also removes the Ceph OSD product key. Note: The script that removes the RPM and product key executes only during the overcloud update procedure. In other words, the product key is removed only when the overcloud node is updated.
After removing the ceph-osd RPM, the subscription-manager no longer reports the Ceph OSD product is installed. (BZ#1571438)
Changes to the puppet-tripleo component:
- The dpdkvhostuserclient mode support has been backported. This feature allows OVS to connect to the vhost socket as a client, which allows for reconnecting to the socket without restarting the VM (if OVS crashes or restarts).
- All VMs should be migrated to dpdkvhostuserclient mode
- Live Migration does not work for the existing VM, use either snapshot and create or cold-migration to move to dpdkvhostuserclient mode.
- Add/Modify the parameter NeutronVhostuserSocketDir to "/var/lib/vhost_sockets".
- Also for a new installation, remove the "set_ovs_config" section in the sample first-boot script.
- Add the additional environment file environments/ovs-dpdk-permissions.yaml for OVS-DPDK deployments (for new installations and minor updates).
- All these validations are done with OVS version 2.9.
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 10 x86_64
- BZ - 1499201 - OSP9 -> OSP10: workloads created before upgrade are not reachable anymore after rebooting controller nodes
- BZ - 1524808 - VMs not able to reach metadata server because of l3 agent is throwing errors
- BZ - 1565967 - [ovs2.9] permission denied problem with old dpdk vhost interfaces after OSP10 minor update
- BZ - 1566821 - Backport request for role-specific NodeUserData
- BZ - 1568355 - OSP10: Support for dpdkvhostuserclient mode
- BZ - 1568356 - OSP10: Support for dpdkvhostuserclient mode
- BZ - 1568360 - DPDK: OpenvSwitch 2.9 support for ownership changes
- BZ - 1571438 - "subscription-manager list" shows Ceph OSD after updating overcloud compute nodes
- BZ - 1572282 - After undercloud ssl certificate is updated, ca-trust is not updated automatically
- BZ - 1572355 - FedRAMP requires cloud providers to use TLS v1.1 as a minimum
- BZ - 1573068 - DPDK: OpenvSwitch 2.8 support for ownership changes
- BZ - 1574610 - [OSP10] FFU: RHELRegistration resource hangs on DELETE
- BZ - 1579184 - [UPGRADES] Error: We couldn't get the live value of the neutron agent, please contact support
- BZ - 1582332 - OSP9 -> OSP10: compute upgrade fails with /root/tripleo_upgrade_node.sh: line 69: change_ovs_2_9_user: command not found
- BZ - 1583783 - OVS workaround fails if multiple deps are updated with interdependancies
Red Hat OpenStack 10