RHBA-2018:1472 - Bug Fix Advisory
ovirt-hosted-engine-ha bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated ovirt-hosted-engine-ha packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The ovirt-hosted-engine-ha package enables the self-hosted engine to be highly available. A self-hosted engine is a virtualized environment in which the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager runs on a virtual machine on the hosts managed by the Manager. If the host running the virtual machine goes into maintenance, the virtual machine is migrated automatically to another host in the environment.
Changes to the ovirt-hosted-engine-ha component:
- This update ensures that the Self-hosted Engine monitoring loop execution and expensive lvm operations are only executed during start up or recovery phases. If the storage is not in a valid state, the agent will now be restarted by VDSM. (BZ#1337914)
- Decreased the monitoring loop execution time by no longer searching for OVF storage locations on every loop iteration. The location is now saved, reused and expired only in case of error. (BZ#1498327)
- Previously the ovirt-ha-agent would open a new json-rpc connection each time it communicated with VDSM. Now it will try and reuse an open connection if available to improve performance. (BZ#1417708)
- This update fixes an issue where the Manager expects a configuration archive of 20480 bytes but under certain circumstances the size of the configuration archive could be 10240 bytes, causing a failure. The block size is now forced during the archive process, and a file size check is performed. (BZ#1480039)
- Previously on Self-hosted Engine storage domains, all images (including user created disks) were active only while the required images were open. This could result in stale logical volumes if the user created unused disks on the storage domain. Now ovirt-hosted-engine-ha activates images only when needed. (BZ#1443819)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 x86_64
- BZ - 1337914 - Hosted engine issues too many lvm operations
- BZ - 1378310 - Continuously restarting ha-agent breaks failover
- BZ - 1417708 - ovirt-ha-agent should reuse json-rpc connections
- BZ - 1443819 - Stale Active LVs in Hosted-Engine Storage Domain
- BZ - 1458711 - [Rebase] Upgrade ovirt-hosted-engine-ha to 2.2.11
- BZ - 1480039 - Additional HE host deploy fails due to 'received downloaded data size is wrong'
- BZ - 1485883 - hosted engine agent is not able to refresh hosted engine status when iso domain is not available after network outage
- BZ - 1498327 - HE host on EngineStarting -> EngineMaybeAway -> EngineDown cycle
- BZ - 1561850 - long network_name causes a different vdsm_name that breaks starting HostedEngine VM
Red Hat Virtualization 4
Red Hat Virtualization for IBM Power LE 4