RHBA-2018:1471 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated ovirt-hosted-engine-setup packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
The ovirt-hosted-engine-setup package provides a self-hosted engine tool for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager. A self-hosted engine is a virtualized environment in which the Manager runs on a virtual machine on the hosts managed by the Manager.
Changes to the ovirt-hosted-engine-setup component:
- The RHV appliance versioning schema has been amended to reduce severity of version checks. (BZ#1464461)
- Fixed an issue where ovirt-hosted-engine-setup would install rhevm-appliance and then upgrade to rhvm-appliance. Engine setup now downloads and installs only the required appliance. (BZ#1449557)
- Users can provide a path to a locally saved appliance OVA in cases where the appliance RPM is not available or not wanted. (BZ#1461251)
- The Hosted Engine upgrade tool now drops root privileges when accessing storage, preventing a failure in cases where the root_squash option is enabled. (BZ#1466234)
- All portals of an iSCSI portal group are connected to enable iSCSI multipath, saving IP and port values in a string. (BZ#1267807)
- In the current release, during the hosted engine deployment, if only one configured NIC is available on the host, it is offered as the default option. (BZ#1317739)
- Previously, although you could use engine-rename to change the FQDN of the Manager, the Manager still passed the old value when deploying new self-hosted engine nodes. Now, you can use hosted-engine --set-shared-config to modify the FQDN in hosted-engine.conf. (BZ#1400890)
- hosted-engine-setup now correctly disconnects the temporary storage domain used on boot. (BZ#1449565)
- Previously, hosted-engine-setup assumed that the user set the same CHAP username and password for both iSCSI discovery and iSCSI login. Now, the user can pass different username and password couples for iSCSI discovery and iSCSI login at setup time. (BZ#1474209)
- Fixed a SAN multipath configuration that was occasionally preventing ovirt-hosted-engine-setup from working correctly. (BZ#1487560)
- ovirt-hosted-engine-setup does not allow installation to proceed if there is not enough free space for required OVF_STORE disks to be created. (BZ#1522737)
- Upgrading a hosted engine to 4.0 would fail if references to version 3.5 hosts still existed in the metadata volume of the engine. The user is now warned when this is the case. (BZ#1481680)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1267807 - [RFE] HostedEngine - support for multiple iscsi targets
- BZ - 1317739 - [RFE] HE deploy setup should use the configured nic as a default option for ovirtmgmt bridge
- BZ - 1400890 - [RFE] hosted-engine --set-shared-config should allow modifying fqdn in hosted-engine.conf
- BZ - 1434209 - [TEXT] Error message is confusing when hosted-engine Storage Domain can't be mounted
- BZ - 1449557 - ovirt-hosted-engine-setup installs an older HE appliance and then upgrade to latest HE image (currently RHV-4.1)
- BZ - 1449565 - ovirt-hosted-engine-setup has leftover mounts
- BZ - 1458709 - Upgrade ovirt-hosted-engine-setup to 2.2.20
- BZ - 1461251 - [bug] hosted-engine yum repo required, but rpm-based install optional
- BZ - 1464461 - hosted-engine --upgrade-appliance reports unsupported upgrade path
- BZ - 1466234 - Hosted Engine upgrade from 3.6 to 4.0 will fail if the NFS is exported with root_squash
- BZ - 1474209 - [RFE] - Hosted Engine: iSCSI Setup Should use different User/Password For Discovery and Portal
- BZ - 1481680 - hosted-engine --upgrade-appliance fails with KeyError: 'stopped' if the metadata area contains references to 3.5 decommissioned hosts
- BZ - 1487560 - [iSCSI] ovirt-hosted-engine-setup fails if none of the discovered target is associated to the accessed portal
- BZ - 1522737 - Warn admin during hosted engine deploy not to use all the space from hosted SD and leave something for OVFs
- BZ - 1539391 - iSCSI deployment of node zero sometimes fails with "Error: Fault reason is "Operation Failed". Fault detail is "". HTTP response code is 400."
- BZ - 1548891 - After HE restore DC is down due to bumped spm_id of non HE-host (current SPM)
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7