RHBA-2018:1178 - Bug Fix Advisory
heketi bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated heketi packages that fix several bugs are now available for Container-Native Storage 3.9 and Container Ready Storage.
Heketi provides the Red Hat Gluster Storage volume lifecycle management. It
creates the Red Hat Gluster Storage volumes dynamically and supports multiple Red Hat Gluster Storage clusters.
This advisory fixes the following bugs:
- Previously, in a gluster cluster with at least three nodes, if one or more nodes is down, but sufficient nodes to create a volume are available, heketi intermittently targeted down nodes for brick and volume creation. This resulted in creation failures. With this fix, heketi monitors the status of the nodes and ensures to select only online nodes for brick creation. (BZ#1560840)
- Previously, in CNS installations deployed using ansible installer, rebalance operation was not executed after a volume expansion operation. This was due to the environment variable missing from the template which sets the option to true. With this fix, the option is set to true by default in the heketi binary and rebalance operation is performed on every volume expansion operation. (BZ#1566590)
Users of Heketi are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1565729 - volume creation fails - when a 5 node gluster cluster is reduced to 3 node by removing labels on 2 nodes
- BZ - 1565759 - environment variable 'HEKETI_MONITOR_GLUSTER_NODES' is not set by heketi
- BZ - 1566590 - expanded capacity not usable after expanding a volume using heketi
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7
Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7