RHBA-2018:0439 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated rhel-system-roles package that adds several enhancements and fixes one bug is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Extras.
The rhel-system-roles package provides a collection of Ansible roles and modules that provide a stable and consistent configuration interface for remotely managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
The network role of the rhel-system-roles package has been upgraded to upstream version 0.4, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. The enhancements include:
- Support for static routes has been added. Several notes:
- There are three new options for the "ip" connection profile variable: "route", "route_append_only" and "rule_append_only".
- Pass a list of routes to the "route" option.
- Each route is a dictionary with the following entries: "family", "network", "prefix", "gateway", "metric".
- If the new boolean option "route_append_only" is True, the specified routes are appended to the existing routes, if it is False (default), the current routes are replaced.
- The new boolean option "rule_append_only" works in a similar way for routing rules. Note that there is no further support for routing rules at the moment, so this option serves merely the purpose of preserving the current routing rules. Note also that when "route_append_only"/"rule_append_only" is not specified, the current routes/routing rules will be deleted by the role.
- Support for setting the firewalld zone for interface with a "zone" connection profile variable has been added.
- The new connection profile variable "ethernet" has been added, which supports setting Ethernet-specific options. This variable should be specified as a dictionary with the following items (options): "autoneg", "speed" and "duplex", which correspond to the settings of the "ethtool" utility. (BZ#1478576)
The fixed bug is:
- Previously, the network role was crashing with the error message: "fatal error: string indices must be integers, not str" when the "dns" option was used. The bug has been fixed, and the error message no longer appears.
The package also contains the following change:
- Due to upcoming changes to the delivery model of Ansible Engine, the dependency on the ansible package has been removed. The ansible package is required to execute playbooks that use RHEL System Roles. If you are installing the rhel-system-roles package for the first time, install the ansible package using the appropriate instructions for the Ansible Engine product on either a remote control node or the local system. (BZ#1525655)
Users of rhel-system-roles are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which adds these enhancements and fixes this bug.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, little endian 7 ppc64le
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power 9 7 ppc64le
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, little endian 7
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power 9 7