RHBA-2018:0263 - Bug Fix Advisory
redhat-virtualization-host bug fix, and enhancement update for RHV 4.1.9
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated redhat-virtualization-host packages are now available.
The ovirt-node-ng packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
Changes to the imgbased component:
- Previously, Red Hat Virtualization Host (RHVH) copied the kernel and initrd from a subdirectory into /boot to mitigate limitations in some platform utilities, however, these files were not cleaned up after RHVH layers were removed. As a result, after a large number of updates, /boot could fill up, leaving the system in an unbootable state.
In this release, RHVH cleans extraneous boot files after layer are removed, which prevents /boot from reaching full capacity. (BZ#1533931)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1516565 - [TestOnly] Make sure kernel bug 1516169 is included in 4.1.9
- BZ - 1533931 - the /boot partition grows after each update until it's at 100% causing boot loop.
- BZ - 1537477 - [downstream clone - 4.1.9] RHVH brand is missing on cockpit login screen.
- BZ - 1538921 - Include wrong glusterfs in redhat-virtualization-host-4.1-20180125.0
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7