RHBA-2017:3068 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated OpenStack Compute packages that resolve various issues are now
available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building a private
or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud running on commonly
available physical hardware. This advisory includes packages for:
- OpenStack Compute service
OpenStack Compute (nova) launches and schedules large networks of virtual
machines, creating a redundant and scalable cloud computing platform.
Compute provides the software, control panels, and APIs required to
orchestrate a cloud, including running virtual machine instances and
controlling access through users and projects.
This update addresses the following issues:
- The linux bridge installed for the particular VIF type `ovs-hybrid` should be configured to persistently retain the MAC address learned from the RARP packets that are sent by QEMU (after starting on the destination node). This is to avoid any break of the datapath during a live migration, since at some point during the process the live migration source and destination can be on the same L2 network, and could have the destination bridge learning from the source. (BZ#1440462)
- Prior to this update, Compute would not try to detach a volume from the live instance domain if it had been previously detached from the persistent instance domain; it would still report success even if another attempt to detach the volume was made. Consequently, the volume could be attached to another live instance domain at the same time, which could lead to data corruption. With this update, an attempt to detach a volume from the live instance domain only reports success when the volume has actually been detached. (BZ#1476369)
- The list of ssh commands that were permitted for live-migration and cold-migration/resize was incomplete. The problem has been fixed. (BZ#1481389)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 8 x86_64
Red Hat OpenStack 8