RHBA-2017:2970 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated rhel-system-roles package that fixes several bugs is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Extras.
The rhel-system-roles package provides a collection of interfaces serving as a stable API for the management of the RHEL operating system across major releases. It is implemented using Ansible.
This update fixes several bugs:
- Previously, the network role produced a fatal error if an interface was already configured. With this update, the network role has no effect on an already configured interface. This fixes the bug. (BZ#1476053)
- Previously, the network role used incorrect service name and packages when "network_provider" was configured manually using host variables. With this update, this has been fixed. (BZ#1485074)
- Previously, the SELinux role failed to reload SELinux policy on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and CentOS 6. This bug has been fixed. (BZ#1493574)
Users of rhel-system-roles are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which fixes these bugs.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, little endian 7 ppc64le
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, little endian 7