RHBA-2017:2777 - Bug Fix Advisory
gdeploy bug fix and enhancement update for RHEL7
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated gdeploy package(s) that fixes several bugs and adds various enhancements is available for Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.3.
gdeploy is a tool which automates the process of creating, formatting,
and mounting bricks. When setting up a fresh cluster, gdeploy could be the
preferred choice of cluster set up, as manually executing numerous commands
can be error prone. The advantages of using gdeploy includes automated
brick creation, flexibility in choosing the drives to configure (sd, vd,
etc.), and flexibility in naming the logical volumes (LV) and volume groups
With this update, gdeploy now provides NFS-Ganesha, Samba, and SSL setup support in volumes. It also fixes several bugs and includes logging enhancements.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- Previously, gdeploy would fail if a subscribed user tries to subscribe again as subscription-manager would report an error stating user already subscribed. Since the failure did not report to anything fatal, it can be ignored. Users can also debug in case they face any genuine subscription-manager error. (BZ#1405966)
- Previously, ‘script’ module was used which would result in gdeploy failure if NFS-Ganesha packages are not installed on the local system. From this release onward, ‘shell’ module will be used which runs gdeploy without having the packages installed on the local system. (BZ#1452001)
In addition, this update adds the following enhancements:
- With this release, ‘volname’ is made optional while creating NFS Ganesha cluster, which was mandatory before. You might want to create an NFS Ganesha cluster without exporting or building any volumes i.e. creating a cluster without having any gluster volume. (BZ#1394796)
- With this release, a user can configure the chunksize from the backend-setup. It is simpler compared to ‘pv’, ‘vg’ or ‘lv’. Previously, ‘lv’ module was the only way to use chunksize as a parameter. (BZ#1444862)
- With this release, RAID5 disk-type is available in gdeploy along with JBOD, RAID6 and RAID10. (BZ#1411907)
Users of gdeploy with Red Hat Gluster Storage are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which fixes these bugs and adds these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3.1 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1394796 - gdeploy: Volname should be made optional in nfs-ganesha create-cluster
- BZ - 1397738 - [GDEPLOY+GANESHA] refresh config fails to modify the client permissions in export file
- BZ - 1405966 - Make ignore errors=yes by default for rh_subscription feature.
- BZ - 1406403 - vgcreate should fail if there is an exisitng vg with the same name.
- BZ - 1411907 - [RFE] provide the additional disktype for RAID 5
- BZ - 1416432 - [Gdeploy]Mounting multiple volumes to multiple clients in same config is not mounting the correct volume to correct client
- BZ - 1418999 - [GDEPLOY+GANESHA] Gdeploy fails to delete a node from ganesha cluster
- BZ - 1430682 - Do not allow user to provide colon separated values for a auth.ssl-allow key
- BZ - 1434774 - Order of host names should be preserved while creating volumes
- BZ - 1444829 - Failing to start the volume with ignore_volume_error doesn't stop gdeploy configuration
- BZ - 1444862 - [RFE] Make chunksize configurable in [backend-setup] section
- BZ - 1446092 - Ansible 2.3 specific modifications to fix the error in playbooks
- BZ - 1446509 - choosing raid5 as disktype, doesn't set the correct thinpool chunksize
- BZ - 1447271 - Remove brick does not work when run on replica volumes
- BZ - 1449217 - gdeploy has to be rebuilt to be compatible with ansible 2.3
- BZ - 1450595 - [GDEPLOY+GANESHA] Volume gets exported by ganesha even when not present in nfs-ganesha export block in gdeploy conf file
- BZ - 1451317 - [Gdeploy+Ganesha] Gdeploy should show the status the correct status of Add node to existing ganesha cluster in gdeploy
- BZ - 1452001 - [gdeploy+nfs ganesha] Unable to add node and delete node to nfs ganesha cluster, if gdeploy command is executed from the node where nfs-ganesha pacakages are not installed.
- BZ - 1459051 - disable-multipath script should not disable & stop multipathd
- BZ - 1464352 - volume section is not ignoring errors by default while triggering rebalance
- BZ - 1464375 - [Gdeploy+Ganesha] Add the the shared_storage service enable command while setting up ganesha cluster and adding a node to existing cluster
- BZ - 1471799 - gdeploy 2.0.2 should be backward compatible as per cockpit requirements
- BZ - 1474350 - configuring gluster using cockpit+gdeploy fails since disable-multipath.sh file is not present.
- BZ - 1482400 - [RFE] [RHEL7] Include Ansible build 220.127.116.11-1.el7 to RHGS 3.3.0 release
Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3.1 for RHEL 7