RHBA-2017:2691 - Bug Fix Advisory
openstack-packstack and openstack-puppet-modules bug fix advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated Installation utility packages that resolve various issues are now
available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building a private
or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud running on commonly
available physical hardware. This advisory includes packages for:
- Installation utility ("PackStack").
PackStack is a command-line utility for deploying OpenStack on existing
servers over an SSH connection. Deployment options are provided either
interactively, using the command line, or non-interactively by means of a
text file containing a set of preconfigured values for OpenStack
PackStack is suitable for deploying the following types of configurations:
- Single-node proof-of-concept installations, where all controller services
and your virtual machines run on a single physical host. This is referred
to as an all-in-one install.
- Proof-of-concept installations, where there is a single controller node
and multiple compute nodes. This is similar to the all-in-one install
above, except you may use one or more additional hardware nodes for running
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1470226 - Token flush does not complete when expired tokens becomes large enough
Red Hat OpenStack 8