RHBA-2017:1325 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated docker packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Extras.
Docker is an open-source engine that automates the deployment of any application as a lightweight, portable, self-sufficient container that runs virtually anywhere.
The docker packages contain docker version 1.12.6.
This update fixes these bugs:
- Previously, the journald logging driver leaked an open file descriptor when deleting files. This could lead to wasted disk space on /var. This bug has been fixed and space on /var is no longer wasted. (BZ#1401019)
- Previously, creating many containers simultaneously sometimes lead to a race condition. Consequently, container creation failed when using the devidemapper backend. With this update, the race condition is fixed, and the containers are created successfully. (BZ#1409076)
- Previously, pulling images from additional registries such as Artifactory did not properly request authorization. This has been fixed, and authorization happens as expected. (BZ#1418939)
- Previously, if you shut down the docker daemon using systemd, docker could take up to 90 seconds to shut down running containers. With this update, the unit file for the docker daemon has been modified, and the daemon shuts down much faster now. (BZ#1424709)
- Previously, if you hot-plugged a CPU into the system, the docker daemon did not increment the CPU count. This update fixes the bug. (BZ#1426788)
- Previously, the docker daemon could become unresponsive under heavy load. With this update, the bug has been fixed, and the docker daemon no longer hangs. (BZ#1427156, BZ#1427212)
- The previous update accidentally turned on live-restore containers, which are not currently supported on RHEL7. This could cause the docker daemon to hang and to not function properly. This update removes live-restore from the docker daemon configuration and the daemon works properly now. (BZ#1437784)
- Previously, when processing a Node found in KV store, the docker daemon sometimes became unresponsive due to a race condition. This update fixes this race condition, and docker no longer hangs. (BZ#1446184)
Users of docker are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and adds various enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1417242 - Some builds fail with error: AuthZPlugin.AuthZReq: Error response from daemon: layer does not exist
- BZ - 1418939 - docker pull with private registry (Artifactory) fails to request bearer token
- BZ - 1420075 - Describe supported dockerd options in the man page
- BZ - 1420279 - Not possible to push to Docker Hub with latest docker
- BZ - 1426788 - wrong CPU count in docker after hot plugging
- BZ - 1437784 - update docker 1.12.5 to 1.12.6 with paused containers is not finished/hangs
- BZ - 1446184 - dockerd hangs if a EventMemberJoin is received while joining a Node found in KV store
- BZ - 1447536 - Installation failed due to docker.service restart failed
- BZ - 1448457 - docker-cleanup.timer triggers docker to start if it's not currently running
- BZ - 1450172 - packaging: 'yum update docker' yields error messages if dockerd not running
- BZ - 1451079 - 7.3.5: docker fails to start stopped container
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7