RHBA-2017:1323 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An updated atomic package that fixes several bugs and adds various enhancements is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Extras.
Atomic is a command-line tool for managing Project Atomic systems and containers. It provides a high-level and coherent entry point to the system. Atomic makes it easier to interact with special kinds of debugging tools such as super-privileged containers and other similar tools.
The atomic packages have been upgraded to upstream version 1.17.2, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version.
Notably, the update includes this enhancement:
- With this update, you can set proxy variables in the /etc/atomic.conf file. This allows you to use the atomic command with proxies. This solves the problem of atomic failing to pull if you have a proxy setup. (BZ#1415572, BZ#1426369)
Users of atomic are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which fixes these bugs and adds these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1377922 - AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'out_content_checksum'
- BZ - 1389707 - Failed to delete specified docker container
- BZ - 1413881 - local variable 'img_obj' referenced before assignment
- BZ - 1425495 - 'atomic uninstall' of the cockpit-ws container fails
- BZ - 1426369 - Proxy variables should be able to be set in /etc/atomic.conf
- BZ - 1430708 - atomic pull pulls the same image over and over again
- BZ - 1437447 - atomic pull image confuses users
- BZ - 1447848 - atomic command can't mount/unmount when the docker daemon isn't running
- BZ - 1451375 - atomic command version too old for expected features
- BZ - 1454292 - Atomic run doesn't start the sssd container
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7