RHBA-2017:0470 - Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 director Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated packages that resolve various issues are now available for Red Hat
OpenStack Platform 9.0 director for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform director provides the facilities for deploying
and monitoring a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud
based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
This update addresses the following issue:
- Previously in Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9, Heat added a way to ignore changes to a server's user_data from the template, but director was still using an override in a custom plugin instead of in the templates, and this override no longer worked with the code change. Consequently, any change to the user_data of a server, for example by modifying the S::TripleO::NodeUserData, would cause Heat to attempt to replace the server.
With this update, the director custom plugin is updated to work with the new code, so that changes to the user_data are once again ignored as they were in Red Hat OpenStack Platform 7 and 8.
As a result, existing servers are not affected when OS::TripleO::NodeUserData is changed; new servers created after the change will get the new user_data. (BZ#1385190)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 9 x86_64
- BZ - 1319384 - OSP9 - Pacemaker-related race condition observed during controller deployment
- BZ - 1357579 - python-tripleoclient isn't setting the proper region for identity in tempest-deployer-input.conf
- BZ - 1379436 - Upgrade from 0SP7 to OSP9 fails due to missing puppet modules symlink
- BZ - 1385190 - Modification of OS::TripleO::NodeUserData causes stack fail with Failed to detach interface
Red Hat OpenStack 9