RHBA-2017:0367 - Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3.0 Release
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3.0 Release
Red Hat Update Infrastructure (RHUI) is a collection of technologies
that offers cloud providers the ability to easily deploy Red Hat
solutions into their environments. The rh-rhui-tools package has a
series of tools necessary to configure the RHUI.
Release 3.0 contains the following features:
The new features of Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3.0 include:
- easy installation using Puppet.
- code rebased to Pulp 2.8 to be consistent with the code base in Red Hat Satellite 6.
- faster access to content due to reworked architecture for automated installations.
- default use of Red Hat Gluster Storage as shared storage to speed up content availability at the content delivery server (CDS) and eliminate the need for synchronization.
- high-availability deployment to reduce the error of one CDS not being synchronized with another CDS.
- a load balancer/HA Proxy node that is client-facing. (This functionality was integrated previously into the CDS logic.)
- certificates managed by the rhui-installer and rhui-manager commands.
- updates to yum.repos.d/*, certificates, and keys to use the new unified URL.
- removal of client-side load balancing functionality from rhui-lb.py.
- support for Docker and OSTree (atomic) content.
Before applying this update, please refer to the System Administrator's Guide at
- Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- BZ - 734780 - Too many open files error sync'ing repos
- BZ - 734782 - DuplicateKeyError: E11000 duplicate key error index
- BZ - 737523 - RHUA ran out of memory and triggered the oom killer
- BZ - 737531 - RHUA repo sync can run /tmp/ out of space.
- BZ - 737572 - rhui-manager creates all repos with checksum type of sha256
- BZ - 737584 - RHUA 2.0 is much slower sync'ing repos than 1.2
- BZ - 737610 - rhui-manager status only reports CDS status, not latest repo sync status
- BZ - 737693 - rhui-manager status has an exit code of 0 even if a registered CDS is down.
- BZ - 738306 - File rename/remove exception
- BZ - 739918 - rhui-tools.conf points to "atlantis" in default config
- BZ - 740011 - Repository doesn't honor checksum_type
- BZ - 742230 - Can not change repo sync schedule once repo is created.
- BZ - 742343 - When a repo sync task fails successively and exceeds the failure_threshold it's not possible to restart it
- BZ - 742351 - Leftover cached repodata in /tmp/
- BZ - 743327 - Installer needs to set auth=no in /etc/qpidd.conf
- BZ - 743413 - Snapshot tasks are not executed until we issue a request to a web service
- BZ - 747725 - OID regular expression matches too much
- BZ - 747880 - "Next Sync" set to Unknown while running repo sync
- BZ - 748555 - Change remove_old_packages to true
- BZ - 784519 - if a /var/lib/pulp volume is created, rhui-manager throws error unless proper permission is set
- BZ - 846749 - [RFE] Request is for simplified menu-driven initial SSL Server/Client CA and RHUA/CDS Cert creation and expiration tracking
- BZ - 874074 - misleading error message while fetching RHN content with an invalid certificate
- BZ - 953345 - [PATCH] post scriptlet in RHUI client config rpms should not warn even if /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf does not exists (as yum-rhn-plugin is not installed)
- BZ - 1013802 - cert generation should use config variable to control cert expiration
- BZ - 1084836 - pulp-server init script returns wrong exit code with 'status' argument when it's stopped
- BZ - 1099148 - client-config RPM does not install on RHEL-5
- BZ - 1128000 - Can not download packages from cds server with proxy server.
- BZ - 1156099 - rhui-disconnected - wrong repo URL after install configuration rpm on client
- BZ - 1207286 - RFE: speed up the process to get erratas available to the client
- BZ - 1251019 - [RHGS 3.1 RHEL-7 AMI] RHEL-7 repo disabled by default
- BZ - 1253153 - [RHGS-AMI] RHUI repos not accessible on RHGS-3.1 RHEL-7 AMI
- BZ - 1253567 - NFS and samba repos enabled by default
- BZ - 1259978 - How to flush wsgi:pulp's memory in rhui ?
- BZ - 1281836 - rhui-installer reports success but returns error code
- BZ - 1282522 - traceback on wrong pass to rhui-manager
- BZ - 1282583 - rhui-manager allows to set empty pass but fails to login using it
- BZ - 1302793 - unexpected error and a traceback on the abort action while repo creation
- BZ - 1302803 - update the choice of the checksum calculation algorithms for repo creation
- BZ - 1303039 - unknown error and traceback when the custom repo path duplicates existing one
- BZ - 1306404 - Enforcing SELinux doesn't allow to upload rpms to a custom repository
- BZ - 1306411 - upload doesn't upload rpm to a custom repo but reports success
- BZ - 1308349 - Entitlement certificate creation fails with "/etc/pki/rhui/certs/entitlement-ca.srl : No such file"
- BZ - 1319505 - 'dr', 'vr' and 'sr' options don't contain the check for the empty list of repos
- BZ - 1323742 - 'CDS' notation is not used in CDS menu
- BZ - 1325370 - wrong message on 'c' - list custom repository entitlements when there is no any
- BZ - 1325389 - function 'l' list Red Hat content certificate entitlements doesn't check if the cert file exists
- BZ - 1338804 - pulp-client-lib and pulp-cds installation collides with rh-common repo
- BZ - 1339560 - traceback if answers file is missing info on rhua host
- BZ - 1344122 - scheduled_syncs error on repo list request blocks any further requests
- BZ - 1345862 - repos created in pulp-admin are not displayed in RHUI-manager
- BZ - 1349361 - unexpected error on creating entitlement cert for cli
- BZ - 1356695 - Sync Atomic Content
- BZ - 1358564 - Enforcing SELinux doesn't allow to create a RH repo
- BZ - 1361362 - Include content in RHUI System Administrator Guide that describes how to setup Atomic Host to be able to download ostree content
- BZ - 1364024 - SELinux prevents CDS and HA proxy instances from being added (RHEL 6 only)
- BZ - 1371043 - Typo and incorrect grammar in rhui-manager -> Client Entitlement Management -> generate an entitlement certificate
- BZ - 1372624 - Can't add a loadbalancer instance in RHUI 3 on RHEL 6 because the haproxy package isn't available
- BZ - 1374260 - The yum configuration provided by the client configuration RPM doesn't work, the client always gets HTTP 404 on the mirrorlist
- BZ - 1377258 - rhui-manager crashes if the hostname of a CDS or LB instance which is being added can't be resolved
- BZ - 1377315 - When the client configuration RPM is being installed, "enabled = 0" appears in the output
- BZ - 1378322 - The base RHEL repo can be included in an entitlement certificate even though it was never added
- BZ - 1378482 - Language issue: value values between 1 and ...
- BZ - 1379366 - RHUI client isn't allowed to use an unprotected repo from the configuration RPM
- BZ - 1381256 - unexpected error and a traceback on the abort action while deleting CDS and HAProxy
- BZ - 1388024 - [RFE] Make a CCSP Guest Image Certification Workflow official guide instead of the KCS Article
- BZ - 1391641 - Delete all RH repos is broken
- BZ - 1393778 - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get' on display info for docker and atomic/ostree repos
- BZ - 1393787 - [RFE] Categories for list of repos
- BZ - 1393801 - Default 'Name of the container in the registry' doesn't allow '/' and 'dot'
- BZ - 1393818 - Incorrect summary of Docker repo being added
- BZ - 1394312 - Docker certs are signed with wrong hosts.
- BZ - 1395725 - No error handler on Cancel RH repo import
- BZ - 1395751 - Misleading message on 'b' - abort the item selection when adding a RH repo
- BZ - 1396093 - [RFE] sort a list of repos displayed on add RH content '3 - by repository'
- BZ - 1396739 - Colons placement in dialog to add a docker container
- BZ - 1397412 - KeyError: repo['name'] on list custom repository entitlements
- BZ - 1397879 - [RFE] Sort list of RH repos to add in RHUI when a user is prompted to proceed
- BZ - 1398267 - Describe the RHUI file system in greater detail
- BZ - 1399605 - package listing broken
- BZ - 1399819 - To be added into RHUI docker container doesn't need a RH content certificate
- BZ - 1400171 - Sync doesn't show 'In Progress'
- BZ - 1401328 - 'NoneType' object error on canceling client rpm creation
- BZ - 1401592 - Imported product repository sometimes isn't the one that was selected
- BZ - 1402389 - No error handler on invalid docker registry name
- BZ - 1402946 - 'rhui-manager status' doesn't display 'SYNCING' status , but 'NEVER'
- BZ - 1404330 - 'rhui-manager packages upload' returns an error and a traceback, but upload is successful
- BZ - 1404331 - 'rhui-manager packages upload' should work only on custom repos
- BZ - 1404401 - Update options of 'rhui-manager client rpm'
- BZ - 1404659 - The atomic client configuration package dialog ends with no summary and fails on RHEL 6
- BZ - 1404704 - Typo in the "rhui-manager repo add" usage
- BZ - 1405083 - The atomic client configuration package dialog fails on RHEL 6
- BZ - 1406989 - [Patch]Traceback log when viewing the details of the last repo sync with rhui-manager is displayed vertically and hard to read
- BZ - 1409575 - Mention that already added repos don't appear in the list of repos to add
- BZ - 1410330 - setup_package_repos in RHUI 3.0 Beta 2 for RHEL 7 ISO doesn't import beta gpg key. It causes failure of 'yum -y rhui-installer'.
- BZ - 1410480 - "NameError: global name '_' is not defined" appears in rhui.log if there's an issue with Docker
- BZ - 1410717 - System Administration guide improvement request
Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Update Infrastructure 3 for RHEL 6