RHBA-2017:0319 - Bug Fix Advisory
openstack-nova bug fix advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated OpenStack Compute packages that resolve various issues are now
available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (Newton) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building, deploying
and monitoring a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud
running on commonly available physical hardware. This advisory includes
- OpenStack Compute service
OpenStack Compute (nova) launches and schedules large networks of virtual
machines, creating a redundant and scalable cloud computing platform.
Compute provides the software, control panels, and APIs required to
orchestrate a cloud, including running virtual machine instances and
controlling access through users and projects.
With this release, OpenStack Compute is now re-based to upstream version
14.0.3. This applies several fixes and enhancements, including:
- Serial ports are now reserved on destination hosts prior to any
attempts with live migration. This prevents any possible port
conflict errors, which would result in a failed migration.
- With this update, the Compute service will now always attempt to
clean up after a generic error is thrown while attempting to spawn
an instance. This help prevent the Compute service from leaking
resource services (for example, VIFs) during generic errors. In
previous releases, the Compute service only performed a resource
cleanup on a compute node after certain failures occurred during
instance spawning attempts.
- With this update, XML generated by the Compute service is now fully
compatible with libvirt 2.0.0. Instances spawned prior to this
update will need to have their XML regenerated through a hard
reboot, rebuild, or unshelve operation in order to be compatible.
- The `Instance.pci_devices` field is nullable, but previously the
`get_instance_pci_devs()` function did not account for that
possibility. If it was passed to an instance from an older deployment
(for example, Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9) with no `pci_devices`,
it would crash trying to iterate `None` as a list.
This issue also affected live migration triggered as part of the
upgrade workflow; specifically, attempting to live migrate guests
from Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 hosts to Red Hat OpenStack
Platform 10 hosts. The issue is now resolved in Red Hat OpenStack
Platform 10 as of this update.
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 10 x86_64
- BZ - 1361210 - [Nova] Add libosinfo as dependency of Nova package
- BZ - 1382415 - Nova encryption alters the key used
- BZ - 1388417 - Failed to detach an encrypted volume
- BZ - 1403380 - openstack-nova: nova host-servers-migrate [hostname] fails when the target node is upgraded (during upgrade osp9->osp10)
- BZ - 1404651 - Problem booting instances from images larger than 20GB with NFS backend [RHOS-10]
- BZ - 1408464 - [10.0.z] nova creates an invalid ethernet/bridge interface definition in virsh xml
- BZ - 1410351 - [neutron][VLAN-Aware][ovs+dpdk]VM create ERROR in Trunk Port.
- BZ - 1410838 - Rebase openstack-nova to 14.0.3
- BZ - 1412454 - [RHOSP10] When trying to create an instance with creating volume or attaching existing cinder volume to an instance, these operations fails under cinder NFS backend.
- BZ - 1417617 - [nova] [SR-IOV] [NUMA] failed to create sriov VM
Red Hat OpenStack 10