RHBA-2016:2050 - Bug Fix Advisory
openstack-cinder bug fix advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated OpenStack Block Storage packages that resolve various issues are
now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building a private
or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud running on commonly
available physical hardware. This advisory includes packages for:
- OpenStack Block Storage service
OpenStack Block Storage (cinder) manages block storage mounting and the
presentation of such mounted block storage to instances. The back-end
physical storage can consist of local disks, Fiber Channel, iSCSI, and/or
NFS mounts attached to Compute nodes. In addition, Block Storage supports
volume backups, and snapshots for temporary save and restore operations.
Programmatic management is available through the Block Storage service's
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1368570 - Some 3par volumes fail to create when concurrently creating multiple volumes from images
Red Hat OpenStack 8