RHBA-2016:1924 - Bug Fix Advisory
ovirt-hosted-engine-ha bug fix update for 3.6.9
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated ovirt-hosted-engine-ha package is now available.
The ovirt-hosted-engine-ha package enables the self-hosted engine to be highly available. A self-hosted engine is a virtualized environment in which the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager runs on a virtual machine on the hosts managed by the Manager. If the host running the virtual machine goes into maintenance, the virtual machine is migrated automatically to another host in the environment.
Changes to the ovirt-hosted-engine-ha component:
- Previously, the HA broker waited for a non-responsive SMTP server without timing out. This meant the the HA agent waited indefinitely for the HA broker. Now, a timeout has been added to the connection between the HA broker and the SMTP server. This means that the HA broker and the HA agent no longer wait indefinitely for a SMTP response. (BZ#1364286)
- With the update, an issue in the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.5 to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.6 upgrade procedure has been fixed. This issue moved the answer file to the shared storage, even if it was empty or unavailable, on the host. This could lead to future issues, such as, refusing to upgrade as the answer file is missing. (BZ#1368127)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1364286 - The agent got stuck if the broker takes more that 30 seconds to reach the smtp server
- BZ - 1368127 - [downstream clone - 3.6.9] If ovirt-ha-agent fails to read local answers.conf during upgrade, it writes None to shared fhanswers.conf
- BZ - 1369429 - Upgrade ovirt-hosted-engine-ha to 126.96.36.199
Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Virtualization for IBM Power LE 3