RHBA-2016:1759 - Bug Fix Advisory
openstack-neutron bug fix advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated OpenStack Networking packages that resolve various issues are now
available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9.0 (Mitaka) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building a private
or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud running on commonly
available physical hardware. This advisory includes packages for:
- OpenStack Networking service
OpenStack Networking (neutron) is a virtual network service for OpenStack.
Just as OpenStack Compute (nova) provides an API to dynamically request and
configure virtual servers, OpenStack Networking provides an API to
dynamically request and configure virtual networks. These networks connect
'interfaces' from other OpenStack services (e.g. virtual NICs from Compute
VMs). The OpenStack Networking API supports extensions to provide advanced
network capabilities (e.g. QoS, ACLs, network monitoring, etc.)
Changes to the openstack-neutron component:
- Previously, all controllers restarted at the same time, causing all AMQP (RabbitMQ) servers to also restart; this caused the connection between neutron agents and the AMQP servers to seem to hang until timed-out, while the time-out amount was linear (60 seconds, then 120, then 240, and so on (limited at 600)). Consequently, an agent was considered `down` (not receive any events) until the timeout expired. With this update, the time-out mechanism in the specific event that tries to connect between the agents and the neutron-server has been changed to always be 60 seconds. As a result, if the connection hangs because of a restart of all the controllers, the agents will recover quicker (~60 seconds after the controllers fully start again). (BZ#1359894)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to
form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9, including which
channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through
Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat
Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 9 x86_64
- BZ - 1353188 - ssh is not working from undercloud to created VM because of different MTU values
- BZ - 1359894 - openvswitch agents are being reported as down for 10 minutes after all reset controllers come back online
- BZ - 1365617 - Calculate MTU on every network fetch instead of on create
- BZ - 1365622 - ovs: set device MTU after it's moved into a namespace
- BZ - 1366187 - ovsdb native interface may get stuck
Red Hat OpenStack 9