RHBA-2016:1442 - Bug Fix Advisory
cockpit bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated cockpit packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Extras.
Cockpit is a server administration interface that makes it easy to administer GNU/Linux servers through a web browser.
The cockpit packages have been upgraded to upstream version 0.114, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. Most notable changes are:
- Red Hat subscriptions can now specify activation keys and organization. (BZ#1338680)
- SSH Host keys are now shown on the system page. (BZ#1318414)
- tuned is now disabled correctly when clearing a performance profile. (BZ#1330473)
- Improved password score error messages are now displayed. (BZ#1330838)
- An erroneous docker dependency has been removed from the cockpit package. (BZ#1349375)
- Network configuration of the Ethernet Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) is now available. (BZ#1339552)
- The "active-backup" mode is now used as the default for new network bonds. (BZ#1348066)
- Network interfaces where NM_CONTROLLED=no is set are no longer displayed.(BZ#1330552)
- The network on/off switch for unknown or unmanaged interfaces is now disabled. (BZ#1329954, BZ#1329956)
Users of cockpit are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1318414 - [RFE] [Cockpit] Ability to view the SSH host key
- BZ - 1329954 - Bond can not click to on after created through cockpit
- BZ - 1329956 - vlan can not click to on after created through cockpit and the original nic still can be configured
- BZ - 1330473 - Disabled performance in cockpit doesn't work in node
- BZ - 1330552 - [RFE] Don't allow editing NIC configurations if they are unmanaged/NM_CONTROLLED=no
- BZ - 1330838 - [RFE] Should give more friendly info when password is not acceptable
- BZ - 1331243 - Operating System and Hardware information display incomplete on UI system tab
- BZ - 1336686 - Did not display the keys as prompted in authentication page
- BZ - 1338680 - [RFE] Provide a way to fill activation key and Organization when subscribe to Satellite&SAM in node ng
- BZ - 1339552 - [RFE] an option to set MTU for network interface
- BZ - 1340749 - The pop-up info display of incomplete during click "create new account" button.
- BZ - 1348066 - [CockPit] - The default bonding mode should be safe defaults - mode 4 - Dynamic link aggregation(802.3ad) or mode 1 - active-backup
- BZ - 1349375 - Cockpit pulls in docker by default
- BZ - 1353765 - Rebase Cockpit in RHEL Extras 7.2.6
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7