RHBA-2016:1273 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated atomic packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Extras.
Atomic is a command-line tool for managing Project Atomic systems and
containers. It provides a high-level and coherent entry point to the system.
Atomic makes it easier to interact with special kinds of debugging tools such as Super-Privileged Containers and other similar tools.
The atomic package has been upgraded to upstream version 1.10.5 which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. (BZ#1341174)
This update also fixes the following bugs:
- When the docker daemon was not running, issuing atomic commands failed as expected, but each command with a different error. With this update, running atomic commands without the docker daemon running, fails with the following unified error:
"Cannot connect to the Docker daemon. Is the docker daemon running on this host?".
- Previously, atomic commands could fail when non-alphanumeric characters were used as parameters, for example in passwords. This bug has been fixed, and atomic now handles correctly arguments with non-alphanumeric characters. (BZ#1307034)
- Previously, the "atomic info" command returned incorrect results, or incorrectly returned an error about a missing image when the image is present on the system. This bug has been fixed and "atomic info" now works as expected. (BZ#1314541)
- Previously, parameters in the INSTALL LABEL were not expanded correctly and as a consequence, the commands in the label were not expanded correctly in the shell. This bug has been fixed and now passing parameter to the INSTALL LABEL works as expected. (BZ#1323165)
- Running "atomic help" to read the HELP LABEL caused atomic to crash. This bug has been fixed and atomic now reads the HELP LABEL as expected. (BZ#1331429)
Users of atomic are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which fixes
these bugs and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1300187 - Unify output of error when docker daemon is not running
- BZ - 1307034 - atomic fails for some characters in parameters
- BZ - 1311544 - atomic scan tracebacks on scanning all images
- BZ - 1314541 - Atomic CLI - atomic info command is broken
- BZ - 1323165 - Handling of parameters to atomic install regressed
- BZ - 1331429 - atomic help crash with label
- BZ - 1341174 - [extras-rhel-7.2.5] rebase atomic to v1.10
- BZ - 1341916 - atomic cmdline doesn't work because of missing PyYAML dependency
- BZ - 1341922 - atomic cmdline doesn't work because of /etc/atomic.d/ does not exist
- BZ - 1343939 - atomic scan doesn't work due to error image naming
- BZ - 1346942 - atomic shouldn't depend on ostree at runtime if ostree isn't installed
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7