RHBA-2016:0424 - Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OSP 7 director Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated packages that resolve various issues are now available for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform director 7.0 for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform director provides the facilities for deploying and monitoring a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
This update addresses the following issues:
- This update resolves an issue that prevented neutron-openvswitch-agent from starting correctly when the Tenant network was configured to be deployed to use IPv6. (BZ#1309520)
- This update resolves an issue where all IPv6 network traffic to tenant instances would be allowed under certain circumstances. This was caused by the Neutron Open vSwitch agent incorrectly deactivating IPv6 security groups when IPv6 is disabled by default because it would assume that IPv6 would be disabled in all locations. (BZ#1309319)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 7 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 7 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 7, including which channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1309319 - Default security group allows all IPv6 traffic to tenant instances
- BZ - 1309483 - net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=0 in router namespace for ipv6 deployments
- BZ - 1309520 - neutron-openvswitch-agent Will Not Start In VLAN Mode With IPv6 Tenant Network
- BZ - 1309818 - RHEL Images for overcloud use EDT as timezone
- BZ - 1309819 - iscsi initiatorname is identical for all overcloud nodes
- BZ - 1309820 - when not using network isolation, after an update from GA to latest release the apis try to reach the old public_virtual_ip
- BZ - 1309821 - Deploy an overcloud with SSL for the public API
- BZ - 1309822 - Deployment of Ceph times out in IPv6
- BZ - 1309823 - rhel-osp-director: Update overcloud 7.2->7.3 Timed out waiting for a reply to message ID 5c0c681a9efc40b0bde965ae625bf2aa
- BZ - 1309824 - [openstack] Backport bulk inspection error output
Red Hat OpenStack 7
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.