RHBA-2016:0231 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated etcd packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Extras.
The etcd package provides a highly-available key value store for shared
The etcd packages have been upgraded to upstream version 2.2.2, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version, most notable of which is the improved etcd service file. (BZ#1263077, BZ#1269939, BZ#1294702)
- This update adds the "--max-snapshot" "--max-wals" flags to "etcd --help". (BZ#1283119)
- The "ETCD_SNAPSHOT_COUNTER" option in the /etc/etcd.conf file was wrong and therefore setting a value did not work. The option has been renamed to "ETCD_SNAPSHOT_COUNT" and you can now successfully produce snapshots with this option. (BZ#1282393)
This update also introduces the new etcd-debuginfo package to the etcd package set.
Users of etcd are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1263077 - add default options to etcd ExecStart in etcd.service
- BZ - 1269939 - failed to notify systemd for readiness
- BZ - 1276732 - etcd fails to start if NetworkManager is uninstalled
- BZ - 1282393 - Wrong options name ETCD_SNAPSHOT_COUNTER in /etc/etcd/etcd.conf
- BZ - 1283119 - max-snapshots and max-wals are missing in etcd --help
- BZ - 1294702 - Rebase etcd to v2.2.2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 7