RHBA-2015:1329 - Bug Fix Advisory
sapconf bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated sapconf package that fixes several bugs and adds two enhancements is
now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The sapconf package contains a script that checks the basic installation of Red
Hat Enterprise Linux and modifies it according to SAP requirements. The script
ensures that all necessary packages are installed and that configuration
parameters are set correctly to run SAP software.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- Prior to this update, the sapconf package was not updated to reflect the
changes made to the profiles of the tuned daemon for SAP NetWeaver. As a
consequence, As a consequence, the activation of a tuned profile searched for
the deprecated "sap" profile, and therefore failed. With this update, using the
sapconf script installs the tuned-profiles-sap package if it is not already
installed. In addition, the TUNED_SAP_PROFILE variable has been changed to
"sap-netweaver". As a result, sapconf now properly uses the "sap-netweaver"
profile, and activating a tuned profile proceeds as expected. (BZ#1158407)
- Previously, the sapconf script set an incorrect value for the
MAX_MAP_COUNT_MIN variable. The value has been changed, and sapconf now matches
the recommended value from SAP Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x Installation Guide.
- In the SELinux permissive mode, the parameter with the path to the
configuration file was missing. As a consequence, the sapconf script was waiting
for the user input, which led to sapconf becoming unresponsive. The underlying
source code has been fixed, and sapconf no longer hangs in the aforementioned
In addition, this update adds the following enhancements:
- The sapconf manual page has been edited to contain more accurate information.
- With this update, the output of the sapconf script contains also the
information about the version of sapconf, which is practical to know for SAP
installation or updates. (BZ#1174321)
Users of sapconf are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which fixes
these bugs and adds these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications for x86_64 6 x86_64
- RHEL for SAP - Extended Update Support 6.7 x86_64
- BZ - 1158407 - sapconf does not activate "sap-netweaver" tuned profile
- BZ - 1173861 - /usr/bin/sapconf waits for input instead of reading from file
- BZ - 1174321 - Add version to sapconf output
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications for x86_64 6
RHEL for SAP - Extended Update Support 6.7