RHBA-2015:1319 - Bug Fix Advisory
powerpc-utils bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated powerpc-utils packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The powerpc-utils packages provide various utilities for the PowerPC platform.
The powerpc-utils packages have been upgraded to upstream version 1.2.24, which
provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. The
following list includes notable enhancements:
- It is no longer possible for the "drmgr" command to erroneously remove the
- Support for up to eight threads in simultaneous multithreading (SMT) has been
- It is possible to convert an Open Firmware (OF) device path to a logical
device path for a virtio SCSI device.
- The "snap" command now also warns about possible clear-text password
Users of powerpc-utils are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which
fix these bugs and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 6 ppc64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 6