RHBA-2015:0193 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhevm-log-collector bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhevm-log-collector packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
The rhevm-log-collector utility allows users to easily collect log files from
all systems in their Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment.
The rhevm-log-collector packages have been upgraded to upstream version 3.5.0,
which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- A bug in the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager sos plug-in, shipped
with the engine-log-collector package, caused the engine.log file to be missing
from the archive generated by engine-log-collector. Wit this update, the plug-in
and the engine.log file are now included in the generated reports. (BZ#1128839)
- Certain Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager configuration content was
not collected and caused the incompleteness of the SOS report collection.
engine-log-collector was updated to collect the content of the /etc/rhevm file.
- In the previous version of engine-log-collector, the oVirt sos plug-in
collected generated answer files without filtering passwords. Now, the passwords
in the collected answer files are masked. (BZ#1162781)
- Sosreport has a command line option (--report) to generate HTML reports of the
fetched file, but the command line option list was not correctly handled and the
- -report option got lost. This caused the generated archive to not include the
HTML report. This bug fix corrects the handling of the CLI option list, and the
generated archive now includes the HTML report. (BZ#1115963)
In addition, this update adds the following enhancements:
- The rhevm-reports and jboss runtime configuration have been added to the files
collected by the oVirt sos plug-in shipped with the rhevm-log-collector package.
A new command line option (--include-sensitive-data) has also been added.
Disabling sensitive data filtering on collected files is now allowed.
- This update adds JBoss stack trace support to the rhevm-log-collector. The
"jbosstrace" option sends a SIGQUIT signal to the JBoss process launched by
ovirt-engine, causing a dump of the stack trace to
/var/log/ovirt-engine/console.log. Other JBoss instances will not receive that
- The all_logs collection has been re-enabled on sos version 3.0 and higher,
with the addition of the logs plug-in and 'logs.all_logs=True'. (BZ#1088172)
Users of rhevm-log-collector are advised to upgrade to these updated packages,
which fix these bugs and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.5 x86_64
- BZ - 916928 - log-collector behavior inconsistent depending on command line options
- BZ - 1086942 - [RHEV] rhevm-log-collector does not gather /etc/ovirt-engine-reports or /etc/ovirt-engine-dwh
- BZ - 1088172 - [engine-log-collector] problem with sos3 on rhel7 as general.all_logs no longer exist
- BZ - 1115963 - missing sosreport.html from postgresql-report-admin
- BZ - 1122965 - Rebase rhev-log-collector to upstream 3.5.0
- BZ - 1128738 - /etc/rhevm is not collected
- BZ - 1128839 - [log-collector] no engine.log in the final archive
- BZ - 1162781 - remove password leak from ovirt-engine setup answer file
- BZ - 1165659 - log-collector fails to collect engine data if engine is not running
Red Hat Virtualization 3.5