RHBA-2015:0192 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhevm-image-uploader bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhevm-image-uploader packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
An updated rhevm-image-uploader package which fixes various bugs and adds
various enhancements is now available.
The rhevm-image-uploader package provides a streamlined process for uploading a
virtual appliance stored as an OVF archive to a Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization export storage domain.
Changes to the ovirt-image-uploader component:
- With this update, the performance of the engine-image-uploader tool has
been greatly improved by using the system tar command instead of a pure
Python implementation. This provides greater detail about file format errors
encountered during an image upload operation. (BZ#1156107)
- Previously, the rhevm-image-uploader tool would ignore the --insecure
option, causing image upload operations to fail and display an unnecessary
trace. With this update, the --insecure option now functions correctly.
- This update provides performance improvements via better handling of sparse
- This update provides greater detail in error messages for SSL-related
problems such as a non-matching host name. (BZ#1146070)
- Previously, uploading a image using the --insecure command line option
returned an error and caused the image upload operation to fail. After
correctly mapping the --insecure command line parameter to the API SDK
insecure parameter, images upload without failure. (BZ#1102226)
- This update provides improvements to free space requirements by better
handling of sparse files. (BZ#1119798)
- This update provides a large improvement in performance with big files by
using the system tar command instead of a pure Python implementation.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.5 x86_64
- BZ - 967513 - [Image-uploader] image-uploader requisite space on the local system calculation time is very long
- BZ - 1102226 - option insecure doesn't work
- BZ - 1119798 - uploading an ovf file to an export domain creates tmp folder with vm's full size
- BZ - 1136434 - rhevm-image-uploader ignores insecure option
- BZ - 1146070 - ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API. Is the service available and does the CA certificate exist?
- BZ - 1150922 - 40% perf regression in image uploader
- BZ - 1156107 - non-ovf file is not reported properly
Red Hat Virtualization 3.5