RHBA-2015:0161 - Bug Fix Advisory
ovirt-hosted-engine-setup bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated ovirt-hosted-engine-setup packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
The ovirt-hosted-engine-setup package provides a self-hosted engine tool for Red
Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager. A self-hosted engine is a virtualized
environment in which the Manager runs on a virtual machine on the hosts managed
by the Manager. The self-hosted engine currently only runs on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 6.5 hosts.
A list of bugs fixed in this update is available in the Technical Notes book:
All users managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux Virtualization hosts using Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization Manager are advised to install these updated packages.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.5 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1043906 - hosted engine deployment always try to add hosts to cluster named "default". If the cluster name is different host won't be automatically added to RHEVM.
- BZ - 1076944 - PRD35 - [RFE] Hosted Engine deploy should support VLAN-tagged interfaces
- BZ - 1078206 - PRD35 - [RFE] [ovirt-hosted-engine-setup] add support for bonded interfaces
- BZ - 1101285 - First interaction with hosted-engine --deploy process happening before, that answer file loading
- BZ - 1103672 - hosted-engine --deploy does not check for NX flag
- BZ - 1105249 - Need warning message, that appear when you run hosted-engine --deploy via ssh without terminal mode
- BZ - 1105479 - Failed to execute stage 'Misc configuration': 'GATEWAY'
- BZ - 1106556 - Engine vm is not killed after that deployment process aborted
- BZ - 1107772 - PRD35 - [RFE] At the end of the HE install wizard the default to install in "No", and if you choose it, it will forget all wizard settings.
- BZ - 1109929 - Failure to add initial host to Default cluster prevents the 'engine_api' variable from being set properly
- BZ - 1116785 - multicast mac address should be filtered by hosted-engine-setup
- BZ - 1123213 - Rebase ovirt-hosted-engine-setup to upstream 1.2.0
- BZ - 1125812 - [RFE] Add RHEL7 support to ovirt-hosted-engine-setup
- BZ - 1128065 - [node][el7] Hosted-engine --deploy failed with "Failed to execute stage 'Environment setup': Command '/bin/systemctl' failed to execute"
- BZ - 1134873 - Report error as 'Hosted Engine HA service are already running on this system' when first configure hosted engine
- BZ - 1139019 - Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': VM startup failed to acquire sanlock
- BZ - 1139020 - Failed to execute stage 'Environment setup': [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/pki/vdsm/certs/cacert.pem'
- BZ - 1147254 - [Hosted-engine --deploy] > Can't configure management bridge over Vlan, default gateway is removed during deployment
- BZ - 1147468 - Report "The specified OVF archive is not a valid OVF archive" during select boot vm from disk
- BZ - 1149634 - [hosted-engine-setup] [iSCSI support] deployment gets stuck, VM enters to paused state
- BZ - 1151339 - Lost all the configuration for hosted engine after reboot rhevh
- BZ - 1163649 - Error trying to add new hosted-engine host to upgraded Hosted Engine cluster
- BZ - 1168267 - [hosted-engine] Uncoherent 'Cannot add the host to cluster None' error message on SDK failure
- BZ - 1172545 - hosted engine deploy on vlan Cannot acquire bridge address
Red Hat Virtualization 3.5
Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 7
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.