RHBA-2014:1159 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhevm-log-collector bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhevm-log-collector package that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
The rhevm-log-collector utility allows users to easily collect log files from
all systems in their Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment.
Changes to the rhevm-log-collector component:
- A bug in RHEV-M sos plugin shipped with the engine-log-collector package
caused the engine.log to be missing from the archive generated by the
engine-log-collector. This bug fix updates the plug-in and the engine.log file
is now included in the generated reports. (BZ#1129373)
- Sosreport has a command line option (--report) to generate HTML reports of the
fetched file, but the command line option list was not correctly handled and the
- -report option got lost. This caused the generated archive to not include the
HTML report. This bug fix corrects the handling of the CLI option list, and the
generated archive now includes the HTML report. (BZ#1119363)
- Rebase package(s) to version: 3.4.4
Highlights, important fixes, or notable enhancements:
- Added log gathering for a new ovirt module (External scheduler)
- Aligned ovirt plugin and postgresql plugin with upstream sos 3.1.
- Some RHEV-M configuration content was not collected and caused the
incompleteness of the SOS report collection. engine-log-collector was updated to
collect the content of the /etc/rhevm file. (BZ#1129698)
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager users should install this update
which includes these fixes and enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.4 x86_64
- BZ - 1119363 - missing sosreport.html from postgresql-report-admin
- BZ - 1126306 - Rebase rhev-log-collector to upstream 3.4.4
- BZ - 1129373 - [log-collector] no engine.log in the final archive
- BZ - 1129698 - /etc/rhevm is not collected
Red Hat Virtualization 3.4