RHBA-2014:1135 - Bug Fix Advisory
openstack-heat bug fix advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated OpenStack Orchestration which resolve various issues are now available
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5.0 (Icehouse) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for
building a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud
running on commonly available physical hardware. This advisory includes
- OpenStack Orchestration service ("Heat").
OpenStack Orchestration (heat) is a template-driven engine used to specify
and deploy configurations for Compute, Storage, and OpenStack Networking.
It can also be used to automate post-deployment actions, which in turn
allows automated provisioning of infrastructure, services, and
applications. Orchestration can also be integrated with Telemetry alarms to
implement auto-scaling for certain infrastructure resources.
With this release, openstack-heat is now rebased to upstream version
2014.1.2, and includes a number of notable enhancements and fixes:
- Compatibility with the latest Compute (nova) API.
- Stack updates are no longer triggered by unused metadata.
- Previously, when using provider resources/templates, resources defined in the
resource_registry of an environment file were not discovered. This update
resolves the issue.
- Parameters are now able to have both a custom constraint and a default value.
- Previously, the openstack-heat-common package was missing a few dependencies
for services that Orchestration supports, including the Telemetry, Trove, and
Now, the openstack-heat-common package has been updated to include these missing
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 for RHEL 7 runs on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 7.0.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 for RHEL 7 Release Notes
contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to form a
working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 for
RHEL 7, including which channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat OpenStack 5.0 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1108056 - openstack-heat-common package on havana and icehouse doesnt include python-ceilometerclient
- BZ - 1127429 - Rebase openstack-heat to 2014.1.2
Red Hat OpenStack 5.0 for RHEL 7