RHBA-2014:1090 - Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Enhancement Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
A update for the RHEL-OSP wizard-based installer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5.0 (Icehouse) is now available.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud running on commonly available physical hardware. Services provided by these packages include:
- OpenStack Block Storage service ("cinder").
- OpenStack Compute service ("nova").
- OpenStack Dashboard ("horizon").
- OpenStack Image service ("glance").
- OpenStack Identity ("keystone").
- OpenStack Networking service ("neutron").
- OpenStack Object Storage service ("swift").
- OpenStack Orchestration service ("heat").
- OpenStack Telemetry service ("ceilometer").
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform also includes these supporting
- RHEL-OSP Installer, a utility for deploying enterprise-level OpenStack clouds.
- PackStack, a utility for rapidly deploying proof of concept OpenStack clouds.
- Open vSwitch, an implementation of the OpenFlow protocol for remote per-flow
control of network traffic.
This advisory introduces a new, wizard-based installation and management utility, based on the Foreman version 1.5.
These updated packages also fix various bugs. Documentation for these bug
fixes is available in the Technical Notes for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform based on RHEL 7.0:
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 runs on the latest available version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 Release Notes contain the
- Operating System requirements.
- The channels required for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5, including which channels need to be enabled and disabled.
- Enhancements, Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, Known Issues and Deprecated Functionality.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat OpenStack foreman x86_64
- BZ - 1055179 - The LVM block storage host group name should be changed to Cinder Block storage
- BZ - 1070389 - foreman: unable to delete a field if we override a value on host edit
- BZ - 1082785 - [RFE] foreman should allow the configuraiton of glance using RHS/NFS and direct file access
- BZ - 1093150 - [Openstack-Staypuft]: Deployment Wizard expect the user to enter IP for the host-groups parameters, before the user actually saw the IPs of the discovered hosts.
- BZ - 1102394 - RFE: change default OS in staypuft installer
- BZ - 1103315 - Openstack firewall rules are not enabled after reboot
- BZ - 1104853 - need to set default cdn repo to rhelosp 5
- BZ - 1104856 - [RFE] Ceph RBD backend configuration for Cinder and Glance in OSP
- BZ - 1105328 - Pressing Enter on the subscription manager credentials causing Ambiguous choice garbles the menu
- BZ - 1108512 - Two network interfaces: Could not send facts to Foreman: getaddrinfo: Name or service not known
- BZ - 1108906 - Need for way to handle system network configuration for staypuft installer
- BZ - 1109432 - Staypuft should not have a default password and should offer ssh key provisioning
- BZ - 1110380 - Expose nova.conf virt_type parameter in staypuft
- BZ - 1110773 - ML2 l2population is missing from plugin.ini config
- BZ - 1111656 - Horizon puppet error for HA-all-in-one-controller
- BZ - 1112256 - RHEL-OSP Installer Brand Logo
- BZ - 1113120 - /tmp/ks-script-GQo035: line 59: yum-config-manager: command not found
- BZ - 1113619 - Puppet support for deploying qpid A/P hot standby in RHEL OSP 5 on RHEL 7
- BZ - 1113631 - Gem loading error: Unable to activate staypuft-0.1.4
- BZ - 1114147 - yum-config-manager fails to enable openstack repo
- BZ - 1114693 - Rubygem-Staypuft: rhel-osp-installer exits with error when the installation media isn't changed
- BZ - 1116981 - Rubygem-Staypuft: The networking terminology for Nova service configuration differs from packstack.
- BZ - 1117006 - Rubygem-Staypuft: Unable to assign hosts to deployment when installation media wasn't configured during execution of rhel-osp-installer.
- BZ - 1117019 - VLAN ID on external network should be dropped from the UI design and mappings
- BZ - 1117530 - installer requires but does not install ntp
- BZ - 1117918 - Rubygem-Staypuft: HA deployment fails because cluster nodes can't communicate while installation.
- BZ - 1118067 - Rubygem-Staypuft: Deployment gets paused with error upon installing second compute node.
- BZ - 1118381 - Staypuft should default interfaces to BOOTPROTO=dhcp and ONBOOT=yes
- BZ - 1118464 - pacemaker not restarting on reboot after o-f-i install
- BZ - 1118513 - Rubygem-Staypuft: HA Deployment hangs on 60% over keystone rsync error (rsync -q -aIX --delete rsync://192.168.0.95/keystone/ /etc/keystone/ssl- failed)
- BZ - 1119429 - HA RabbitMQ needs to strip domain from cluster node names
- BZ - 1119485 - Pacemaker restarts httpd repeatedly
- BZ - 1120239 - Unprocessable entity OsParameter (id: new):
- BZ - 1120290 - Backtrace in seeding when ssh key supplied
- BZ - 1120313 - Rubygem-staypuft: HA: glance fails to mount because of extra parenthesis at the end of the pcmk_fs_options value
- BZ - 1120426 - rubygem-staypuft: HA deployment fails because rabbitmq-server failed to start on one of the hosts, because DNS resolution failed, because the hostname was all numeric
- BZ - 1120602 - The neutron-agent-cleanup ocf resources are missing in the pacemaker modules
- BZ - 1121172 - 422 Unprocessable Entity error with rebased foreman
- BZ - 1121185 - When using rabbitmq AMQP traffic should be load balanced accross all nodes
- BZ - 1121760 - HA and Neutron. The galera cluster was not yet settled when neutron tried to sync its db,therefore neutron server failed to start.
- BZ - 1121875 - Labels say MySQL is installed instead of MariaDB in deployment layouts
- BZ - 1122314 - RabbitMQ clustering fails depending on which node has the VIP
- BZ - 1122693 - Rubygem-Staypuft: Deployment of nonHA Nova with qpid fails on 60% installing the compute.
- BZ - 1122701 - Incoming ports are wide open - no reject at the end of the chain
- BZ - 1122753 - Installer should raise an error when deploying on a disk too small for requested partition scheme
- BZ - 1123293 - Rubygem-staypuft: HA: start-failure-is-fatal: this should be true. It was selectively set to false on some services in OSP4 to workaround other bugs that have been fixed in OSP5.
- BZ - 1123300 - Rubygem-staypuft: HA: all "check" options are missing the interval parameter. This can cause higher recovery times in case of failure.
- BZ - 1123301 - Rubygem-staypuft: HA: nova-metadata VIP/listener is missing on port 8775 in haproxy.cfg
- BZ - 1123312 - mariadb will fail to start because puppet are not adding "op start timeout=120s" to the configuration.
- BZ - 1123314 - Rubygem-staypuft: HA: Relax the openstack-heat-engine: op monitor interval to 60 seconds.
- BZ - 1123316 - HA: Add nova-conductor with nova-scheduler to colocation constraint
- BZ - 1123318 - HA: All services are missing max_retries=-1 settings for accessing the DB.
- BZ - 1123362 - installation of rhel-osp-installer fails
- BZ - 1123463 - Expected puppet errors in kickstart environment cause deployment to fail
- BZ - 1123492 - NetworkManager must be disabled in staypuft deployments
- BZ - 1123496 - Rubygem-Staypuft: Need to shrink the suggested vlan range in network configuration page.
- BZ - 1124373 - Staypuft: The 'Next', 'Back' & 'Cancel' buttons should stay in the same place
- BZ - 1124494 - Force user entered nic names to lower case
- BZ - 1124545 - Rubygem-Staypuft: Running rhel-osp-installer --provisioning-wizard non-interactive crashes.
- BZ - 1124572 - keystonerc parameter should be true by default
- BZ - 1124598 - Default gateway conflicts between provisioning network and external network with DHCP
- BZ - 1124806 - rhel-osp naming should be used instead of foreman
- BZ - 1124810 - rhel-osp nic selection experience
- BZ - 1124850 - RHEL OSP installer iptables should be updated and DHCP should be opened
- BZ - 1124950 - Quickstack nova compute manifest not setting qpid config
- BZ - 1125075 - Failure in iptables-save: Table does not exist
- BZ - 1125136 - Neutron Networker failed at 60% due to failure in starting iptables
- BZ - 1125278 - Multi-Backend Cinder Support
- BZ - 1125301 - HA: Add heat-engine with heat-api-cloudwatch to colocation constraint
- BZ - 1125327 - For Foreman task unassociated with a deployment, NIL error3
- BZ - 1125556 - staypuft sets wrong backend for glance backend ceph
- BZ - 1125585 - page error when adding an advanced option to HA controller
- BZ - 1125955 - hitting deploy when on the advanced config tab results in broken ui
- BZ - 1126219 - It should be possible to specify proxy address and port for subscription manager
- BZ - 1126434 - Branded LiveCD Grub Background and desktop wallpaper
- BZ - 1126442 - [RFE][cinder] Add driver for NFS-backed storage to Block Storage host group
- BZ - 1126444 - Openstack-foreman: Can't install nfs backend for cinder
- BZ - 1126445 - Puppet agent fails to run because fencing was off in common.pp file
- BZ - 1126448 - nfs-utils packages is missing on controller node after deployment using staypuft, therefor cinder can't mount nfs share directory
- BZ - 1126563 - Multi-instance( on Multi-Backend) Dell EqualLogic Cinder Support
- BZ - 1126583 - Unable to connect to instances via VNC, nova vnc settings on compute are incorrect.
- BZ - 1126982 - Rubygem-Staypuft: Using identical HW in the same deployment will fail the deployment because the NICs are sometimes named differently.
- BZ - 1127213 - Nova fails to get multi-tenant data
- BZ - 1127297 - staypuft: gui crash when we revisit setup wizard after adding hosts to deployment and try to change from HA to single controller
- BZ - 1127461 - Rubygem-Staypuft: HA-neutron deployment fails - the corosync.conf has a nodelist consisting of IP addresses from different subnets.
- BZ - 1127736 - Failed to create instant due to "NoFloatingIpInterface: Interface eth0 not found."
- BZ - 1127752 - controller_ips changes during deployment lifetime
- BZ - 1127816 - HA neutron sets pcs properties before starting service
- BZ - 1127887 - HA: rsync not installed on non-galera bootstrap nodes (edge case)
- BZ - 1128285 - Rubygem-Staypuft: HA-neutron deployment fails - puppet agent run fails on keystone which reports OperationalError: (OperationalError) (2013, "Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0") None None
- BZ - 1128361 - HA: Failure to start 'openstack-heat-api-cfn-clone' leads to HA deployment get paused at 60%.
- BZ - 1128448 - rubygem-staypuft: HA neutron deployment fails because mariadb.service failed to start on the controllers (Failed to open channel 'galera_cluster')
- BZ - 1128457 - Horizon dashboard -> Not Found
- BZ - 1128460 - Staypuft deployment with NFS backend for Cinder doesn't fill the share on the config file
- BZ - 1128679 - rhel-osp-installer : the Installer crash when attempting to use subscription manager details.
- BZ - 1128874 - Rubygem-Staypuft: HA-neutron deployment gets paused with errors installing the third controller (2 have passed). Execution of '/usr/bin/systemctl start mariadb' returned 1: Job for mariadb.service failed
- BZ - 1129227 - After Staypuft installer the external network with VLAN tag doesn't work.
- BZ - 1129896 - HA: openstack-heat-engine fails to start.
- BZ - 1130304 - initial mount of nfs filesystem by pacemaker fails, succeeds later
- BZ - 1130657 - vs_port fails with mismatched MAC addresses
Red Hat OpenStack foreman