RHBA-2014:0932 - Bug Fix Advisory
openstack-cinder bug-fix advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated OpenStack Block Storage packages which resolve various issues are now
available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5.0 (Icehouse) for
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for building
a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud running on commonly
available physical hardware. This advisory includes packages for:
- OpenStack Block Storage service ("Cinder").
OpenStack Block Storage (cinder) manages block storage mounting and the
presentation of such mounted block storage to instances. The back-end physical
storage can consist of local disks, Fiber Channel, iSCSI, and/or NFS mounts
attached to Compute nodes. In addition, Block Storage supports volume backups,
and snapshots for temporary save and restore operations. Programmatic management
is available via the Block Storage service's API.
With this release, openstack-cinder is now rebased to upstream version 2014.1.1.
In addition, this update also applies the following fixes:
- A Volume retype for Storwize SVC driver has been added. Volumes managed by the
Storwize driver can be retyped now.(BZ#1051998)
- You can now reset the state of multiple volumes in one call. To do so, specify
the volume names in 'cinder reset-state'. For example, to reset volumes named
'vol1', 'vol2', and 'vol3' at the same time, run: 'cinder reset-state vol1 vol2
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 for RHEL 7 runs on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 7.0.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 for RHEL 7 Release Notes
contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to form a
working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 for
RHEL 7, including which channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat OpenStack 5.0 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1035896 - cinder: allow reset-state of multiple objects
- BZ - 1051998 - [RFE][cinder]: Implement retype for the Storwize/SVC driver
- BZ - 1116003 - [cinder]: OpenStack components need to use the oslo.messaging library for messaging service
- BZ - 1117896 - Rebase openstack-cinder to 2014.1.1
Red Hat OpenStack 5.0 for RHEL 7