RHBA-2014:0673 - Bug Fix Advisory
ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
A new ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm package is now available for Red Hat Enterprise
The ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm package provides a plugin that converts base oVirt
node images into images compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Manager and VDSM.
Changes to the ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm component:
- Previously, attempting to register a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Hypervisor with the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager would fail if the
user specified port 443 as the port by which to connect to the Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization Manager but the certificate of that Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Manager had not been retrieved. Now, users are prompted to accept
the certificate provided by the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
specified in the Management Server field when registering the Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Hypervisor and no certificate has been retrieved. (BZ#1081042)
- Previously, for certain network configurations, the Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Hypervisor administration interface reported that networking was
not configured, even if networking was functional. Now, all working interfaces
are marked correctly as "Managed". (BZ#1058257)
- Previously, the "Management Server" line was still available when networking
was disabled on the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor. Now, a message
appears to advise that networking is not configured, and access to menu items is
- Previously, changing the password for the "Optional password for adding Node
through oVirt Engine UI" setting in the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Hypervisor oVirt Engine menu was dependent on changing the address. This meant
that if the password was changed on the hypervisor, but not the address, the
hypervisor would fail to connect when added to the engine. Now, changing the
password is independent of the address and can be changed in the Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor oVirt Engine menu and connect to the engine
as expected. (BZ#1096074)
- Previously, a hypervisor registered to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Manager would encounter a broken pipe if the cursor was moved over the oVirt
Engine menu after the first registration. This caused the hypervisor to suddenly
logout. Now, the issue has been corrected, and the sudden logouts do not happen.
- Previously, if the node was not registered with a Manager, the Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor status page displayed a 'http://None:None'
URL in the "Managed by" column. Now, the "Managed by" field is only populated
with a URL when a server and port can be detected. (BZ#1054157)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 6 x86_64
- BZ - 1054157 - MANAGED_BY should only contain URL, if server and port are set
- BZ - 1058257 - RHEV-H 20140112.0 - "Networking is not configured" warning
- BZ - 1064206 - Disable management_server when set network to disable
- BZ - 1081042 - [vdsm] RHEVH vdsm-reg needs to fetch Certificate before register
- BZ - 1088218 - [ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm] - postinstall scriptlet is changing time of vdsm files
- BZ - 1096074 - RHEVH TUI: Can't set password for adding Node through oVirt Engine UI, it causes host can not be added into rhevm webadmin portal.
- BZ - 1097645 - vdsm.libvirtconnection kills TUI upon libvirt restart.
Red Hat Virtualization 6