RHBA-2014:0671 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated ovirt-hosted-engine-ha packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
The ovirt-hosted-engine-ha package enables the self-hosted engine to be highly
available. A self-hosted engine is a virtualized environment in which the Red
Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager runs on a virtual machine on the hosts
managed by the Manager. If the host running the virtual machine goes into
maintenance, the virtual machine is migrated automatically to another host in
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager users should install this update,
which includes this enhancement.
Changes to the ovirt-hosted-engine-ha component:
- Previously, upgrading an environment in a hosted engine configuration would
fail under certain conditions. This was caused by an error in the code used to
store the state of the engine during the upgrade process, whereby the state
could be correctly parsed in a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.4
environment, but not in a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3 environment.
Now, this code has been updated so that the state of the engine can be correctly
parsed by both version. (BZ#1101299)
- This update fixes a typo in the meta data dictionary that would prevent
environments in a hosted engine configuration from upgrading successfully under
certain conditions. (BZ#1092075)
- Previously, the ovirt-ha-agent would fail under certain circumstances. This
was caused by the error handling logic used by the agent, whereby attempts to
convert a null value into a floating point number would result in an uncaught
exception. Now, the error handling logic has been revised so that this exception
is caught correctly, preventing the agent from failing under these
- Previously, maintenance on a hosted engine and an HA-enabled host were
completed using separate maintenance flows. A get_local_host_id() method was
added to the high availability client API. Now, the maintenance flows are
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.4 x86_64
- BZ - 1053677 - [Hosted Engine] Unify maintenance flows
- BZ - 1092075 - Could not start ha-agent with exception AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'engine_status'
- BZ - 1092373 - agent dies while monitoring the engine
- BZ - 1101299 - Hosted engine upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4, ovirt-ha-agent die after three errors
Red Hat Virtualization 3.4