RHBA-2014:0669 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated Windows Guest Tools packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
An updated rhev-guest-tools-iso package that fixes several bugs is now
The rhev-guest-tools-iso package contains tools and drivers. These tools and
drivers are required by supported Windows guest operating systems when installed
as guests on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
Changes to the rhevm-guest-agent component:
- Previously, the QEMU Guest Agent failed to start after installation on certain
Windows operating systems. This happened because the VirtIO-Serial driver
required to start the service cannot be loaded without a system reboot. Now, the
QEMU Guest Agent installer disables the attempt to start the service following
installation if the VirtIO-Serial is not loaded. After a successful reboot, the
service can be started. (BZ#1049828)
Changes to the Windows Guest Tools component:
- Attempts to install on unsupported operating systems now result in a message
reading 'No supported OS could be detected. Aborting installation.'.
- Previously, when upgrading from 3.1.9 via APT, an error message, "Application
or service 'BalloonService' could not be restarted", appeared in the event log.
Now, "BaloonService" can be restarted. (BZ#928275)
- An error in Windows guest tools caused OVirtGuestService error messages to
appear in the event log when there had been no error. An update to the MSI fixes
- Previously, QEMU Guest Agent remained installed when "RHEV-Tools" was
uninstalled on the guest operating system. Now, all components of RHEV-Tools,
including Guest Agent, are uninstalled. (BZ#1082607)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.4 x86_64
- BZ - 928275 - Post APT-update: Application or service 'BalloonService' could not be restarted
- BZ - 1049828 - [QGA] Error 1920. Service 'QEMU Guest Agent' (QEMU-GA) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. -- QEMU guest agent -- Installation failed.
- BZ - 1082607 - [WGT] Qemu-GA not uninstalled with other WGT components
Red Hat Virtualization 3.4