RHBA-2014:0668 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhevm-log-collector bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhevm-log-collector package that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
The rhevm-log-collector utility allows users to easily collect log files from
all systems in their Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment.
Changes to the rhevm-log-collector component:
- Previously, the engine sos plug-in for the engine-log-collector tool would not
collect logs for the Reports or Data Warehouse features under certain
conditions. This was caused by the Reports and Data Warehouse having been moved
to independent locations, which prevented the data for these features from being
collected. Now, two new sos plug-ins have been added that make it possible to
collect data for the Reports and Data Warehouse features correctly. (BZ#1073590)
- Previously, when the rhevm-log-collector utility was run for multiple
hypervisor hosts, it resulted in a garbled TTY and "stty sane" had to be run to
recover the TTY. Now, the TTY is not garbled. (BZ#1041749)
- Previously, sensitive values in configuration files would be collected in
reports collected by the engine-log-collector utility. Now, sensitive values are
filtered out of such reports. (BZ#1035826)
- Previously, the rhevm-log-collector utility did not collect Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Manager runtime configuration files. Now, these files are
- Previously, the parameter for specifcing the path and file name of the engine
certificate to be used by the engine-log-collector command was '--engine-ca'.
Now, this argument has been changed to '--cert-file'. This update provides
backwards compatibility to update the old parameter to the new parameter in
environments upgraded from Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1. (BZ#1046309)
- Previously, the PKI path listed in the logcollector.conf file was incorrect.
Now, the correct path is listed. (BZ#1080330)
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager users should install this update
which includes these fixes and enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.4 x86_64
- BZ - 1035825 - Collect ovirt-engine runtime configuration files
- BZ - 1035826 - Do not collect .pgpass files from RHEV-M.
- BZ - 1041749 - rhevm-log-collector garbles the tty when multiple hosts are gathered and ssh is called with the "-t" flag
- BZ - 1046309 - [ovirt-engine-log-collector] engine-ca -> cert-file option switch, support old option name
- BZ - 1073590 - [rhevm-reports\dwh] log locations were moved to independent directories.
- BZ - 1080330 - [Text] wrong PKI path in logcollector.conf comment
Red Hat Virtualization 3.4