RHBA-2014:0666 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhevm-iso-uploader bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhevm-iso-uploader packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
The ISO uploader is a tool for uploading ISO images to the ISO storage domain.
It is installed as part of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager users should install this update.
Changes to the rhevm-iso-uploader component:
- Previously, if a specific exception was raised for the engine-iso-uploader, a
message to check the help for usage would follow the error message. This message
has now been removed as it is redundant to specific exceptions when the error
message itself contains the solution. (BZ#1023507)
- Previously, the parameter for specifcing the path and file name of the engine
certificate to be used by the engine-iso-uploader command was '--engine-ca'.
Now, this argument has been changed to '--cert-file'. This update provides
backwards compatibility to update the old parameter to the new parameter in
environments upgraded from Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1. (BZ#1032689)
- Previously, the ISO uploader failed to upload ISO images to local storage
domains, wrongly assuming that all domains were NFS domains using NFS uploader
back end. Now, users are notified that in order to upload to a local storage
domain, they must supply SSH credentials and use SSH uploader back end.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.4 x86_64
- BZ - 1023507 - [engine-iso-uploader] INFO: Use the -h option to see usage - when put incorrect iso domain
- BZ - 1032689 - [ovirt-engine-iso-uploader] engine-ca -> cert-file option switch, support old option name
- BZ - 1065726 - The ISO uploader assumes that the storage domain uses NFS
Red Hat Virtualization 3.4