RHBA-2014:0505 - Bug Fix Advisory
ovirt-hosted-engine-setup bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated ovirt-hosted-engine-setup packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available.
The ovirt-hosted-engine-setup package provides a self-hosted engine tool for Red
Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager. A self-hosted engine is a virtualized
environment in which the Manager runs on a virtual machine on the hosts managed
by the Manager. The self-hosted engine currently only runs on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 6.5 hosts.
A list of bugs fixed in this update is available in the Technical Notes book:
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.4 x86_64
- BZ - 1024710 - engine vm should be powered off if user decides to reboot it and start again while hosted engine installation.
- BZ - 1034634 - missing certificates generation cause virsh and spice connection to fail
- BZ - 1034726 - When re-running --deploy, ha services should be stopped to allow re-using existing storage
- BZ - 1044889 - [hosted engine] - TEXT - installation dialogue is misleading
- BZ - 1044895 - [hosted engine] - TEXT - 'screen' in installation dialogue is not specific enough
- BZ - 1044920 - PRD34 - [RFE][hosted engine] propose Default GW IP during installation
- BZ - 1063576 - hosted-engine-setup not configuring libvirt correctly
- BZ - 1069945 - [TEXT] Add a note explaining better how FQDN will be used
- BZ - 1077150 - [Text] Poor description about storage free space requirements
- BZ - 1079943 - engine vm can't start
- BZ - 1082028 - hosted-engine fails when cdrom is chosen as the source for the installation.
- BZ - 1088572 - hosted-engine script fails with Traceback when cluster doesn't return a CPU type
Red Hat Virtualization 3.4