RHBA-2014:0504 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated vdsm packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now
VDSM is a management module that serves as a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Manager agent on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor or Red Hat
Enterprise Linux hosts.
A list of bugs fixed in this update is available in the Technical Notes book:
All users managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux Virtualization hosts using Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization Manager are advised to install these updated packages.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.4 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- BZ - 675560 - [vdsm] vdsm should monitor bond interfaces, sub-interfaces and bridges status
- BZ - 852003 - createVG failures are not logged in vdsm logs
- BZ - 889097 - vm's status is changed to pause for a short moment during volume refresh (after an extend)
- BZ - 967311 - [storage] In scale environment, some hosts become Non Responsive when adding first Storage Domain – java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
- BZ - 970645 - migration_timeout not honoured, live migration goes on beyond it
- BZ - 980054 - [LOG][vdsm] KeyError: 'domainID' during teardownImage in power-off to VM
- BZ - 982065 - vdsClient should provide more debug info- in case of malformed XML response
- BZ - 988469 - PRD34 - [RFE] vdsm does not recognize hot-plugged host interfaces
- BZ - 1007860 - Bond "speed" does not reflect the correct speed
- BZ - 1015009 - Default route is not set properly for management network if downstream/upstream engine and VDSM are mixed
- BZ - 1020356 - stray libvirt networks make vdsm fail to recognize management network on native interface with "Network defined withoutdevices" error of setupNetworks
- BZ - 1024236 - Can't activate a host due to /etc/sudoer configuration
- BZ - 1026236 - VLAN devices are displayed in the setup networks dialog and nics subtab, cause all setup networks operations to fail
- BZ - 1026697 - [vdsm] storage domain is reported as 'active' by host, even though its link under /rhev/data-center/SPUUID/ is missing
- BZ - 1028917 - Resource lock split brain causes VM to get paused after migration
- BZ - 1029812 - vdsm-tool configure outputs misleading error messages although it ends successfully
- BZ - 1033942 - [vdsm] getStorageDomainInfo fails due to key 'info' missing from poolInfo for master domain
- BZ - 1034172 - Cloud-Init: generated config-drive CD image is world-readable
- BZ - 1035847 - vdsm-tool configure fails stopping service
- BZ - 1037500 - PRD34 - [RFE] add method local to donwloadImage / uploadImage
- BZ - 1038069 - Repeated migration of a VM causes its disk to grow indefinitely
- BZ - 1044060 - [RFE] Prevent RHEV from requiring hwaddr lines within ifcfg files
- BZ - 1044068 - vmHotplugDisk failed with "VolumeError: Bad volume specification"
- BZ - 1047646 - VDSM - hooks - after_update_device_fail hook fails
- BZ - 1048596 - First VDSM verb returns blank lastClient, lastClientIface
- BZ - 1048763 - before_device_migrate_source not being called
- BZ - 1051150 - RHEV 3.2 hypervisor setup adds ifcfg VLAN attr to NIC parent of rhevm net subint
- BZ - 1051860 - yum transaction on rhel7: reading information on service vdsmd: No such file or directory
- BZ - 1052097 - VM migration back to original host fail on "file exists"
- BZ - 1052216 - bad version of qemu-img-rhev in dependencies
- BZ - 1053040 - [Hosted Engine] Unify maintenance flows
- BZ - 1056554 - vdsm-tool vdsm-id - fails via ssh if run as root because of sudo has no tty
- BZ - 1056948 - iscsid daemon not started when vdsm starts and iscsi storage not available
- BZ - 1057637 - Provide before and after network setup hooks
- BZ - 1057969 - vdsm: cannot start a vm in read only with IDE disk type
- BZ - 1059482 - Migrating between older and newer RHEV-H images leads to flood "path /rhev/data-center/mnt/blockSD/<UUID>/images/<UUID>/<UUID> not assigned to domain"
- BZ - 1059773 - Failure to replace a partially-removed network
- BZ - 1060524 - rhev 3.3 does not work with vdsm 3.4 : Command PollVDS execution failed
- BZ - 1060781 - The remove network action by vdsm causes the main bond interface to go down up
- BZ - 1063185 - [vdsm] Packaging for 3.4
- BZ - 1064038 - Host deploy to RHEL7 host fails due to new vdsm3* package names
- BZ - 1064630 - vdsm reports guest as paused on any IO error, even if libvirt/qemu policy is set to "report"
- BZ - 1065924 - vdsmd not starting on first run since vdsm logs are not included in rpm
- BZ - 1066445 - VMs are paused after migration from 3.2 to 3.3 hypervisor
- BZ - 1071826 - vdsClient fails when getting storage domain info from a master storage domain
- BZ - 1073478 - VDSM internal exception gathering balloon info while shutting down
- BZ - 1075172 - [vdsm] getFileStats fails for local/POSIXFS ISO domain types
- BZ - 1076889 - vdsm3 service doesn't start on rhel7
- BZ - 1077283 - [RHEVM] [neutron integration] cannot use linux bridge if ovs is not installed
- BZ - 1078137 - [vdsm] cannot activate storage domain when iscsi multipath is configured on host
- BZ - 1079707 - vdsm3: PollVDSCommand invocation target exception
- BZ - 1080931 - vdsm libvirt and sanlock daemons need to be restarted after upgrading to sanlock 2.8
- BZ - 1081489 - replacing vlan tag fails when that network is attached to bond
- BZ - 1082275 - [MultiHost] Bridge still exists for the network when updating that network to be non-VM (net over bond)
- BZ - 1082941 - [vdsm] vmSnapshot fails on 'IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument'
- BZ - 1083008 - [vdsm] yum downgrade - configurator should not be called
- BZ - 1083476 - On mixed storage pools the thin provisioned volumes on block domains are not extended
- BZ - 1085338 - [vdsm] disk resize fails with QImgError if the lv isn't extended fast enough.
- BZ - 1085935 - vdsm doesn't extend thin provision disks on block domains if pool type was once "file" (and cache hasn't cleared)
- BZ - 1086210 - Guest can't boot up after the master domain change
- BZ - 1091030 - Failed to create disk as no links exists
- BZ - 1091956 - VDSM converts COW Thin provisioned disk to preallocated when moving it
- BZ - 1092631 - failure to recover after executing fenceSpmStorage
- BZ - 1094165 - /etc/libvirt/qemu-sanlock is not persisted and vdsm fails to start on reboot
- BZ - 1094944 - Gratuitous vdsm logs causing RHEV-H upgrades to fail
- BZ - 1095900 - VDSM is consuming a lot of cpu time even with no active VMs
- BZ - 1096212 - Failure on data center name change (setStoragePoolDescription)
- BZ - 1096227 - setDomainRegularRole call failure during masterMigrate negative flow
- BZ - 1097332 - The start time for 'migration_max_time_per_gib_mem' appears to be calculated too early.
Red Hat Virtualization 3.4
Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 6