RHBA-2014:0036 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhevm-dwh 3.3 bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated rhevm-dwh package that fixes various bugs and adds new features is
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager data warehouse package provides
the ETL process and DB scripts to create a historic database API. Enables SQL BI
reports creation for management and monitoring.
Detailed descriptions for bug fixes and enhancements in this release are
provided in the Technical Notes book:
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization reports and data warehouse users are
advised to upgrade to this updated package which address these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.3 x86_64
- BZ - 772001 - Reporting: ETL process is running under root. should run under rhevm
- BZ - 853955 - [ovirt-engine-dwh] There should be no exception shown to a user when running setup with non root user
- BZ - 883120 - [RFE] Ability to associate VMs with a pool in the engine and DWH
- BZ - 910070 - PRD33 - [RFE] Please compress backups taken by rhevm-dwh-setup
- BZ - 952418 - [ALL LANG] - [Reports Portal] - Input Control Box Untranslated text +Mis-rendered special characters for the drop-down values.
- BZ - 966437 - [rhevm-dwh] - enum_translator table - missing enum_key '20' & '21' for OS_TYPE (DB ovirt_engine_history)
- BZ - 970543 - ovirt-engine-dwh-setup doesn't support option --help
- BZ - 985346 - Share the engine's os info with DWH through a translation table
- BZ - 988298 - [rhevm-dwh] - Setup uses incorrect execution of 'su' and fails
- BZ - 1006948 - Setup - When creating read only user, setup doesn't make sure preserved user names are not used.
- BZ - 1006950 - Setup - Generated user and password are not saved immediately and are lost upon failure.
- BZ - 1008370 - [rhevm-dwh] - ETL Reports error when a Single Host in setup is Non-Responsive ("ETL service sampling has encountered an error")
- BZ - 1008562 - [RHEVM-DWH-SETUP] - upgrade fails due to wrong user value in updatePgHba
- BZ - 1014031 - [rhevm-dwh] - postgresql.conf is truncated during setup
- BZ - 1015859 - [RHEVM-DWH-SETUP] - "ovirt-history database is not correctly detected in upgrades from 3.2->3.3 due to postgres ownership
- BZ - 1016968 - ovirt-engine-dwh logs errors for attribute with more than 255 characters
- BZ - 1019178 - [RHEVM-DWH-SETUP] - installation fails since the service failed to start
- BZ - 1019741 - [DWH] installation - size of the detected DB should be in MB
- BZ - 1019758 - [DWH] installation - misleading message
- BZ - 1021560 - [RHEVM-DWH-SETUP] - Instructions for remote DB should be more clear
- BZ - 1022550 - [DWH-SETUP] - DWHD (ETL) service is not started after successful installation
- BZ - 1024792 - rhevm-dwh-setup fails
- BZ - 1024990 - [DWH] ETL process doesn't recover from postgres restart
- BZ - 1025336 - [RFE] [engine-dwh] ovirt-engine-dwh-setup doesn't support unattended install
- BZ - 1026947 - [DWH-SETUP] - Remote db user is incorrectly configured in dwh service
- BZ - 1027894 - [rhevm-dwh] When first setup fails, there's no way to setup it again
- BZ - 1029969 - rhevm-dwh-setup fails
- BZ - 1031992 - ovirt-engine-dwhd service failed to start
- BZ - 1037861 - rhevm-dwh-setup doesn't check for valid read-only username
- BZ - 1040026 - [DWH-SETUP] - Missing "ovirt engine history db" creation log
- BZ - 1040029 - [DWH-SETUP] - read only user is not created during unattended installation
- BZ - 1043951 - [DWH-SETUP] Packaging valuations in setup.
- BZ - 1045846 - [DWH-SETUP] - installation failed using remote db configuration, as installer tries to upgrade
- BZ - 1045855 - [DWH-SETUP] - upgrade (from 3.2.4) failed on local db, as installer uses misconfigured user
- BZ - 1046676 - [DWH-SETUP] - upgrade: update ownership is slow and fills the log
- BZ - 1046679 - [dwh] upgrade backs up the database only after changing ownership of objects
- BZ - 1047392 - dwh service fails to read Default.properties, 10-setup-database.conf is world-readable
Red Hat Virtualization 3.3