RHBA-2014:0034 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated mingw-virt-viewer package that adds multiple enhancements is now
The MinGW Windows virt-viewer console application implements, among other
things, the client side of SPICE protocol. This package contains the
remote-viewer executable, the next generation of spice-client.
A list of the bugs fixed in this update is available in the Technical Notes
Administrators of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environments should install
this new package.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To install or upgrade to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3 refer to the
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- BZ - 846006 - [RFE] auto-add Hot Key combos to "Send key" menu
- BZ - 857038 - spice-x should be able to use already installed remote-viewer or usbclerk instance of different architecture
- BZ - 873272 - Don't grab mouse cursor on client --> server mouse mode switch
- BZ - 873341 - Keyboard input focus broken (mostly win key captured by both guest and client)
- BZ - 919166 - Two instances of virt-viewer running at the same time causes USB redir to misbehave.
- BZ - 951664 - Virt-viewer client video graphics stops during migration.
- BZ - 955279 - only one desktop effect to be disabled can be specified
- BZ - 958550 - Killing first virt-viewer display (Main display in Windows) of 4 will result in no functionality of remaining 3 virt-viewer windows.
- BZ - 963835 - virt-viewer with smartcard crashes in Enhanced Protected Mode of IE10
- BZ - 967154 - virt-viewer does not respect auto configuration of monitors
- BZ - 975472 - Windows virt-viewer should ignore trailing '/' for SpiceProxyDefault value
- BZ - 978362 - Application windows of virt-viewer are in "unreasonable" size after switching off from full-screen.
- BZ - 983111 - Rebase virt-viewer against 0.5.6
- BZ - 984136 - Provide MSI machine installer for client
- BZ - 985898 - Too many windows open with fullscreen=auto-conf
- BZ - 986027 - Alt+Tab key combo only recognized by Windows client
- BZ - 1000125 - [RFE] copy & paste: translate end of line sequences to target OS native ones
- BZ - 1002697 - Mouse pointer appears black on PuTTY terminals opened from windows 7 guests [mingw-virt-viewer]
- BZ - 1004440 - Allow to send Ctrl+Alt+Del using a keyboard shortcut
- BZ - 1014089 - MSI does not contain libsqlite3-0.dll
- BZ - 1017302 - mingw-virt-viewer crashes after 10+ MB plain text is copied to clipboard in the guest
- BZ - 1017909 - Without the "--full-screen=auto-conf" switch, when you "Exit Fullscreen," that closes all full-screens
- BZ - 1021618 - resolution set by user inside the VM gets reverted to client resolution when in full screen
- BZ - 1023447 - Keyboard shortcuts not working properly when started using SpiceX
Red Hat Virtualization 3.3
Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 6