RHBA-2013:1468 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhevm bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhevm packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager is a centralized management
platform that allows system administrators to view and manage virtual
machines. The Manager provides a comprehensive range of features including
search capabilities, resource management, live migrations, and virtual
This update fixes the following bugs:
- Under some circumstances, the Manager issued two spmStop commands to the same
host without an intervening spmStart, which prevented the host from entering
maintenance mode. This update prevents host monitoring when the host is being
activated, so the host can be moved into maintenance as expected. (BZ#1008522)
- Virtual machines created as part of a prestarted pool did not use the
appropriate sysprep file, so they did not acquire the settings specified by the
sysprep process. This has been fixed, so virtual machines in prestarted pools
are sysprepped as expected. (BZ#1009052)
- Previously, when a host was stuck in an unassigned state, it could cause
virtual machines on other hosts to stop updating their status. This update adds
a concurrent hash map for the internal event queue, which fixes this issue.
- Failure to remove volumes from an import domain marked the imported volumes on
the data domain as illegal. With this update, the engine now checks if the
parent command is an image or template removal command before setting the volume
as illegal. (BZ#1007507)
- A user with a system-wide NetworkUser role can now correctly view all the
networks in the system. (BZ#1008544)
- Previously, redhat-support-plugin-rhev modified the Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Manager's application.xml file to ensure that the plug-in was
loaded upon JBoss bootstrap. This modification caused RPM verification to report
warnings. The necessary configuration changes are now hard coded into the
application.xml file, and removed from the redhat-support-plugin-rhev spec file.
- This update takes advantage of PostgreSQL's ability to mark the volatility and
strictness of a function, by setting all functions that only select data as
stable, and by setting all functions that do not change the database as
- If the only interface with a valid IP is on a VLAN interface over bond,
rhevm-setup failed to detect the IP and exited with an error. Now, a VLAN
interface address can be used to validate the FQDN of the host during setup.
- Previously rhevm-upgrade showed already installed packages in the list of the
available updates, in addition to the actual updated packages. rhevm-upgrade now
only lists packages that require updating. (BZ#1013592)
- When rhevm-setup did not execute successfully, yum attempted to roll back to a
previously installed version, but it erased packages that could not be rolled
back. This update disables yum rollback if no rollback is available.
- Previously, the Manager prompted users to upgrade the hypervisor even when
there were no updates available. This fix adds a validation to compare the
hypervisor version against ISOs available on the Manager, and only prompts users
to upgrade when there are new versions available. (BZ#1003185)
- 64-bit Windows 2012 and Windows 8 virtual machines can now be created with the
memory specified by the 64-bit memory cap instead of the 32-bit one. The maximum
memory size for these operating systems is 32 GB. (BZ#1000079)
- Older versions of the Manager set the virtual machine's default time zone to
an empty string, but this field is now set to a null value. This update adds a
database migration script to handle this change, so users can update the time
zone on running virtual machines. (BZ#1000034)
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager users are advised to upgrade
to these updated packages, which resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
Further information on upgrading the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Manager is available in the Installation Guide:
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.2 x86_64
- BZ - 1000034 - [Admin Portal] Cannot update VM properties - Field timeZone can not be updated when status is Up
- BZ - 1000079 - Unable to create a windows 2012 ( 64bit ) VM with 32GB memory
- BZ - 1007507 - Failures to remove images from an import domain result in imported images on data domains being marked as illegal.
- BZ - 1007554 - rhevm-setup uninstalls rhevm on failure if user chose to continue with inability to rollback
- BZ - 1007564 - Database functions not fully optimized
- BZ - 1008544 - NetworkUser can't see all networks when he has system permissions.
- BZ - 1008634 - [scale] race - sometimes VM and VDS statuses is not being updated (host stuck in unassigned)
- BZ - 1009029 - Make redhat-support-plugin-rhev a requisite in application.xml
- BZ - 1009052 - prestarted VMs in a pool do not use sysprep file
Red Hat Virtualization 3.2