RHBA-2013:1107 - Bug Fix Advisory
Important: spice-vdagent-win bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
An update for spice-vdagent-win that fixes several bugs is now available.
spice-vdagent-win provides a service and an agent that can be installed
and run on Windows guests.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- Sparse multi monitor support has now been introduced. This allows arbitrary
configuration of multiple monitors, for example, having only monitors one and
four active in a four monitor configuration. (BZ#973726)
- Previously, vdagent-win failed in certain cases (specifically when a Windows
XP guest was running with 4 QXL devices, each with ram_size=64MB and
vram_size=64MB, and only three QXL devices could be seen with device-manager)
when the RHEV Spice Agent tried to start.
vdagent-win no longer fails in these cases. (BZ#975442)
RHEV-M users that use Spice to access VMs should update spice-vdagent on their
Windows guests (using RHEV-M guest tools installer)
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization users that are using SPICE to connect to
their virtual machines are advised to install this update.
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.2 x86_64
- BZ - 973726 - sparse multi monitor: enabling display n in addition to display 1 enables all displays (1, ..., n)
- BZ - 975442 - vdagent: check validity when iterating the _displays vector
Red Hat Virtualization 3.2