RHBA-2013:0745 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An updated ovirt-node package that fixes various bugs, and adds a number of
enhancements, is now available.
The ovirt-node package provides the utilities and recipes used to create and
configure the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor ISO image.
Note: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is only available for the
Intel 64 and AMD64 architectures with virtualization extensions.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- The sanlock user was missing in some upgrade circumstances, so
the "sanlock lockspace add" command could fail when creating new NFS storage
pools on the hypervisor. Now, the sanlock user is checked on upgrade, and is
created if it does not exist. The lockspace errors no longer occur. (BZ#916183)
- When the hypervisor was booted in EFI mode, the expected behavior was for a
boot message to replace its previous line. Instead, the messages were appended
to each line. This update shortens the GRUB EFI menu to under 54 characters, to
prevent boot messages from overlapping. (BZ#920270)
- Previously, installing the hypervisor with the vlan parameter set to
vlan=<vlanid> resulted in a kernel panic. Setting the vlan boot parameter to the
format of vlan=<vlanid>:<interface> can be validated within dracut, so the
hypervisor installation succeeds. (BZ#927291)
- A previous fix which populated an empty /etc/hosts file with default entries
also overwrote an /etc/hosts file populated with custom entries. Now, when the
hypervisor detects that the /etc/hosts file contains custom entries, the file is
persisted upon reboot. (BZ#950136)
- The "nomodeset" kernel parameter, which was previously missing, has now been
added to the list of Basic Video options for EFI boot. (BZ#951687)
- Previously .cfg was used as the grub configuration file suffix instead of
.conf. Calls to copy a non-existent .conf file into a compatible EFI boot
directory caused the hypervisor to be unbootable. Now the correct .conf suffix
is used, so an installed hypervisor can be successfully booted in EFI mode.
- Previously on the network interfaces section of the hypervisor TUI, the boot
protocol displayed as "none" when the IP configuration was static. Now, the boot
protocol field displays as "static" when a static IP configuration is present.
- Previously, attempting to use the mem_overcommit kernel argument to set the
swap ratio caused installation to fail. Now, specifying mem_overcommit
calculates the swap size for installation. If the swap size is specified in the
storage_vol parameter and the mem_overcommit argument is also provided, the
hypervisor is installed using the swap size defined in the storage_vol
This ovirt-node package is included in the rhev-hypervisor6 package associated
with advisory RHBA-2013:0746
Users of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are advised to upgrade
to this updated package, which corrects these issues and adds these
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 6 x86_64
- BZ - 916183 - Sanlock lockspace add failure while creating NFS storage pool on RHEV-H node.
- BZ - 920270 - rhev-h produce the booting in 30...29...28...27...26 appending each line instead of replacing.
- BZ - 927291 - Kernel Panic when installing RHEVH 6.4 from PXE with vlan parameter
- BZ - 950136 - persist command does not work on /etc/hosts file after reboot.
- BZ - 950141 - The IPv4 Settings changed from 'Static' to 'Disabled' and Protocol display none after register rhev-h to RHEV-M
- BZ - 951687 - 'nomodeset' miss in Basic Video when boot on EFI supported machine
- BZ - 951688 - Boot rhev-h failed in uefi mode machine.
Red Hat Virtualization 6