RHBA-2013:0634 - Bug Fix Advisory
ovirt-node bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated ovirt-node package that fixes various bugs, and adds a number of
enhancements, is now available.
The ovirt-node package provides the utilities and recipes used to create and
configure the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor ISO image.
Note: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is only available for the
Intel 64 and AMD64 architectures with virtualization extensions.
This update fixes the following bugs:
- Previously, changing the iSCSI initiator name on the hypervisor console did
not take effect until the hypervisor was rebooted. Now, the iSCSI daemon is
automatically restarted when changes are made in the hypervisor console, so
changes to the initiator name are persistent. (BZ#913686)
- After a hypervisor is registered to Subscription Asset Manager using a proxy,
the proxy details were not set in the hypervisor console. This issue has been
fixed, and the proxy details display correctly. (BZ#913687)
- Previously every error message which appeared on the kdump page was not
discarded after it was shown, so error messages were repeated even if when they
did not apply. Now, kdump error messages are discarded after they are shown.
- Previously, the RHN tab on the hypervisor setup screen continuously showed an
error message even when the required CA and URL information was already
provided. This has been fixed, and RHN information can be entered successfully.
- After upgrading the hypervisor on a legacy (non-EFI) machine, the /liveos
directory was unmounted, so users could not access the backed up version of the
hypervisor. Now, a non-EFI installation reads grub.conf for changes before it
unmounts the /liveos directory, so the hypervisor backups are still available
after upgrade. (BZ#913691)
- Previously, sshd_config was not persisted by default. As a result,
the "Enable ssh password authentication" option was not persisted when setting
the Manager password. Now, the sshd_config file is persisted by default, so ssh
password authentication persists upon reboot. (BZ#916185)
This ovirt-node package is included in the rhev-hypervisor6 package associated
with advisory RHSA-2013:0636
Users of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are advised to upgrade
to this updated package, which corrects these issues and adds these
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 6 x86_64
- BZ - 913686 - RHEVH iSCSI initiator name change not persistent until a reboot
- BZ - 913687 - RHN page missed http proxy info after registered SAM with proxy
- BZ - 913688 - The second time kdump will failed and report "kdump NFS location cannot be empty" if choose kdump to NFS first time.
- BZ - 913689 - rhev-h still prompt that "Please input CA/URL" after configure "Satellite" without CA/URL and then configure "RHN"
- BZ - 913691 - The grub miss the backup version after upgrade in legacy machines.
- BZ - 916185 - "Enable ssh password authentication" option will be reset after reboot if user set password for adding node through RHEV-M UI.
Red Hat Virtualization 6