RHBA-2012:0795 - Bug Fix Advisory
lsvpd bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated lsvpd packages that fix four bugs are now available for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6.
The lsvpd package provides the lsvpd command to list device Vital Product Data
(VPD), the lscfg command to display configuration, diagnostic, and vital product
data (VPD) information, and the lsmcode command to display the microcode and
- Prior to this update, the vpdupdate tool tried to collect additional
information about the SCSI devices. As a consequence, vpdupdate sent irrelevant
messages to the syslog file. This update modifies the sysfs layout in lsvpd.
Now, no more unwanted messages are sent to the syslog file. (BZ#684646)
- Prior to this update, the lsvpd man page did not correctly describe the "-p"
option. With this update, the man page correctly states that the "-p" option
prints the designed output. (BZ#688574)
- Prior to this update, the lscfg(8), lsmcode(8), lsmsr(8), lsvio(8), and
vpdupdate(8) man pages missed to document several lsvpd options. This update
adds all missing options to the man pages. (BZ#714086)
- Prior to this update, the lsmcode tool did not contain the build requirement
"librtas-devel". As a consequence, the firmware version was not displayed. This
update modifies lsmcode file so that the missing build requirement is added to
the spec file. (BZ#741899)
All users of lsvpd are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which adds
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 6 ppc64
- BZ - 684646 - vpdupdate errors in install.log.syslog
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 6