RHBA-2012:0197 - Bug Fix Advisory
anaconda bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated anaconda packages that fix multiple bugs and add one enhancement are now
available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
The anaconda package contains portions of the Anaconda installation program that
can be run by the user for reconfiguration and advanced installation options.
- When performing the kickstart upgrade with a key for advanced platforms,
additional repositories were not enabled, and only the base repository packages
were upgraded. (BZ#477748)
- Adding a VT repository to the kickstart file and using the "key --skip"
command resulted in an error when trying to install the Virtualization-en-US
- Reusing the LVM logical volumes from the previous installation process caused
the bootloader program to use the old disk labels so that the system was unable
to boot. (BZ#566668)
- If the file system label ended with the "0" character, this character was
stripped so that the existing file system label was different from what was
explicitly specified by the user. (BZ#571513)
- The "CMSCONFFILE" parameter could have contained wrong syntax. This could have
resulted in certain Bash errors on IBM S/390. (BZ#681219)
- Specifying the "CMSDASD" parameter with a hex number using uppercase letters
resulted in the kickstart file not being found. (BZ#689470)
- The installer environment lacked the symbolic links for stdin, stdout, and
stderr. As a result, the console output to the files instead of the screen.
- The installer used the maximum LV size limit based on the LVM 1 limits. Now,
the maximum LV size limit is based on the LVM 2 limits. (BZ#695299)
- Only stderr was logged to the output file during the kickstart installation.
Now, stdout is also logged. (BZ#702024)
- Using the parameter "--no-ssh" in kickstart failed to propagate the same
parameter to /root/anaconda-ks.cfg. (BZ#703081)
- The "--no-ssh" parameter was not documented in
- Downloading the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Release Notes resulted in errors,
even though the Release Notes were downloaded successfully. (BZ#707143)
- The /var/log/ directory required by the Subscription Manager logging was not
- The list-harddrives script did not work as expected. (BZ#709880)
- Errors emitted by the kickstart scripts were not properly reported to the
- Even though the installation was run with IPv6 enabled, IPv6 was disabled in
the installed environment. (BZ#713120)
- The Solarflare network adapters were not available to the user during the
- The installation performed on an XTS-encrypted partition failed. (BZ#718123)
- When specifying the network mask during the manual network setup using the
dotted format, a spurious error message was displayed. (BZ#719578)
- When using the bnx2i iSCSI adapters, the installer did not read IP from iBFT
- The "dhcptimeout" option was not propagated. (BZ#737161)
- The "--only-use" ignoredisk parameter did not work so that Anaconda terminated
- portmap was not available in rescue mode so that the rescue environment was
unable to mount NFS volumes. (BZ#742889)
- Adding "-@conflicts" to the kickstart file did not prevent the conflicting
packages from the @conflicts group to be installed if other packages depended on
the conflicting packages. Now, the conflicting packages and packages that depend
on the conflicting packages are not installed. (BZ#756707)
- Pressing Esc in certain Anaconda windows had the same result as clicking "OK".
With this update, pressing Esc has the same result as clicking "Cancel".
- The Network Configuration interface localization was incomplete. (BZ#709931)
- The Installation Number screen did not display links under the pa_IN locale.
- Support for the installation over the IP over InfiniBand (IPoIB) interfaces
has been added. (BZ#660684)
All users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs
and add this enhancement.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 477748 - Install number ignored during upgrade via kickstart
- BZ - 571513 - anaconda readXFSLabel_int() mistakenly strips trailing zeroes off of XFS filesystem labels
- BZ - 681219 - linuxrc.s390 show_parms does not write valid syntax
- BZ - 684220 - anaconda initrd lacks /dev/stdin, /dev/stdout, /dev/stderr
- BZ - 689470 - CMSDASD broken by case-sensitive use
- BZ - 695299 - Anaconda limits the maximum LV size derived from the PE size artificially
- BZ - 703081 - --no-ssh not written to anaconda-ks.cfg
- BZ - 703082 - --no-ssh not documented in kickstart-docs.txt
- BZ - 709880 - list-harddrives is broken
- BZ - 711363 - [pa_IN] Links are missing from text labels
- BZ - 712443 - failed kickstart script errors are reported using non-existing detailedMessageWindow method
- BZ - 714243 - Solarflare network adapter not available during install
- BZ - 718123 - Anaconda cannot recognize xts encrypted disk.
- BZ - 719578 - misleading error message about ipv4 prefix when manually setting network configuration for network install in boot.iso
- BZ - 768082 - GUI -- keyboard: unexpected behavior of ESC
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5