RHBA-2012:0161 - Bug Fix Advisory
lvm2 bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated lvm2 package that fixes a number of bugs and adds various
enhancements is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
The lvm2 package contains support for Logical Volume Management (LVM).
These updated lvm2 packages include a number of bug fixes and enhancements.
Space precludes documenting all of these changes in this advisory. Users are
directed to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8 Technical Notes for information on
the most significant of these changes:
All lvm2 users are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which provides a
number of bug fixes and enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 523324 - RFE: lvm should better attempt to use whole devices when adding mirror legs
- BZ - 575967 - lvm doesn't scale LV operations well
- BZ - 636991 - two device alloc anywhere leg placement has regressed
- BZ - 654447 - unable to fix (vgreduce --removemissing) a VG containing a mirror with snapshot volumes and a stripe
- BZ - 702065 - HA LVM mirror repair fails: Unable to send cluster log request [DM_CLOG_CTR] to server: -3
- BZ - 706036 - pvmove stuck waiting for I/O to complete
- BZ - 707056 - Extension of snapshot finishing is reported twice
- BZ - 708444 - snapshot extension operations are reported even when the threshold is turned off
- BZ - 711185 - apparent "corruption" when attempting to extend mirror using cling tags beyond available tagged extents
- BZ - 719760 - pvcreate with "linear" md device causes "sysfs attr level not in expected format: linear"
- BZ - 746302 - Upgrade lvm2 to 2.02.88 version
- BZ - 749359 - "Internal error: Performing unsafe table load" error during mirror image split
- BZ - 749650 - divisibility issues when attempting to create striped mirrors
- BZ - 750613 - unable to create mirror on 1K extent size VG due to dirty region log being too small
- BZ - 750882 - unable to create a redundant logged mirror on a VG with small extents due to invalid dirty region size
- BZ - 754198 - snapshot auto extend feature fails to execute a second time when needed
- BZ - 754598 - core to disk log conversion fails: Internal error: _alloc_parallel_area called without any allocation to do
- BZ - 755762 - LVM: vgsplit does not work with mirrors that have mirrored logs
- BZ - 758833 - snapshot deletion issues when created on lvm1 meta formated volume
- BZ - 769053 - 'Internal error: Maps lock < unlock messages' when running hundreds of lvm ops
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5