RHBA-2011:1783 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhev-hypervisor6 bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated rhev-hypervisor6 package that fixes numerous bugs and adds
enhancements is now available.
The rhev-hypervisor6 package provides a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Hypervisor ISO disk image. The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is a
dedicated Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) hypervisor. It includes everything
necessary to run and manage virtual machines: A subset of the Red Hat Enterprise
Linux operating environment and the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Agent.
Note: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is only available for the
Intel 64 and AMD64 architectures with virtualization extensions.
This updated Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor package fixes numerous
bugs. Documentation for these changes will be available shortly from the
Technical Notes document:
Users of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are advised to upgrade
to this updated package, which corrects these issues and adds these
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 6 x86_64
- BZ - 661594 - format of the server ip is not checked during the syslog configuration
- BZ - 663658 - Additional support/testing for booting RHEVH from SD card devices
- BZ - 675870 - ntp holds up firstboot process due to network not being configured
- BZ - 681118 - file descriptor error when invoke pvs/lvs/vgs
- BZ - 683328 - Hang on setup menu under rescue mode
- BZ - 698158 - autoinstall to usb stick failed if the usb stick have filesystem
- BZ - 698650 - IPv6 address display incorrectly in 'Status' UI and 'Network' UI.
- BZ - 699339 - Cannot save dns & ntp server info to configure file
- BZ - 699476 - Make init process for RHEVH quiet
- BZ - 699493 - newtUI: Highlight section headings where possible with darker colored (bolded) text
- BZ - 699532 - newtUI: Config UI RHN Page updates
- BZ - 700753 - incorrect vlan network setting didn't removed, cause the network fail to up,
- BZ - 700816 - add debugging information to dracut plugin
- BZ - 701879 - auto install with cciss bus_type fail at disk partition
- BZ - 707898 - [RFE]"Invalid NFS format" should pop-up when input irregular Kdump NFS location.
- BZ - 708926 - No format limit when input irregular static IPv4 address
- BZ - 709700 - VLAN ID should not accept zero or negative.[newUI]
- BZ - 710864 - [RHEV-H 6.1 Wizard] There is no option to delete Logging Server after configuring one
- BZ - 713672 - redundant information appears in install progress bar
- BZ - 714906 - cciss bus_type disk size always display as zero in ovirt-node
- BZ - 715296 - Firewall ports open by default that shouldn't be
- BZ - 717128 - Validation missing for ssh location
- BZ - 717532 - Disable NTP setting when DHCP is selected
- BZ - 717856 - UI: Rhevh can't show full hostname in status menu when more than 30 characters.
- BZ - 719811 - use GPT by default
- BZ - 719833 - ovirt-node didn't function with a rhevh 5.x installed before
- BZ - 719837 - didn't do password validation at all for upgrade
- BZ - 719844 - login with root even didn't need a password
- BZ - 719905 - Kdump is not operational while configured restore(Local)
- BZ - 720276 - The progress bar didn't show any information of upgrade process
- BZ - 720284 - the default boot item always set to the Backup item
- BZ - 720568 - UI: Cancel network settings should back to network connection detail page directly.
- BZ - 720946 - make the uninstall fail more obviously
- BZ - 720956 - UI: Hostname can't begin with Arabic number in Network page.
- BZ - 720957 - The bridge of rhevm should NOT be listed in Network UI device list.
- BZ - 720959 - UI: Menu list will move up when apply setting.
- BZ - 722386 - Request messages to guide user to quit view log files in interactive UI.
- BZ - 722871 - RHEV-H : reserve VDSM port 54321
- BZ - 722882 - Upgrade script does not report errors to stderr
- BZ - 722967 - RHEV-H rpm should include a versions text file
- BZ - 723115 - kernel params are not always removed from line after registering to RHEV-M
- BZ - 723161 - TUI: No virtualization hardware detected info shows on the installer and configuration screens.
- BZ - 723458 - RHN log does not save to /var/log/ovirt.log
- BZ - 724892 - Confirm Passwd raise an exception during upgrade.
- BZ - 725307 - fail to popup the password window which make install fail to continue
- BZ - 725335 - multipath end up with single path after installed
- BZ - 725392 - network topology changed after upgrade
- BZ - 725412 - Stuck at Network page after applying NIC configuration
- BZ - 725964 - auto reinstall fail as treat the same disk as 2 different device
- BZ - 725984 - Provide way to set admin password from single/rescue mode
- BZ - 725985 - Plymouth should display 'Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor 6.2'
- BZ - 726010 - disable libvirtd sysv, use libvirtd upstart job
- BZ - 726295 - TUI: An exception occurs when configure network.
- BZ - 726327 - kernel messages displayed over TUI configuration menu
- BZ - 726843 - dracut plugin cleans all matching disks when wildcard is specified
- BZ - 727532 - libvirt-cim service broken on boot
- BZ - 727563 - admin password is set to rootpw instead of adminpw parameter
- BZ - 728142 - Display physical interface information for logical networks
- BZ - 728390 - Strong passwords are not allowed
- BZ - 728433 - Can not status/start/stop/restart the libvirt-guests daemon in rhevh 6.2 build.
- BZ - 728906 - RHEVH ovirt log show the RHN password in plaintext.
- BZ - 729276 - Failed to register RHN with HTTP proxy.
- BZ - 730202 - Network status show unconfigured when nic is configured by auto install
- BZ - 730206 - TUI: Configure two NICs cause RHEVH blurred screen when one NIC is not inserted the network cable.
- BZ - 730207 - TUI: RHEVH can't display NIC model correct in Network page, there always display unknown.
- BZ - 732429 - fix rhn.py to quote arguments
- BZ - 732431 - Add text to RHN registration screen
- BZ - 733274 - Booting rhevh with reinstall parameter, it does not work properly
- BZ - 733357 - Add boot menu option for clean install (6.2 solution)
- BZ - 733576 - root password will lost after upgrade
- BZ - 733578 - Failed to install rhevh via TUI if the disk have RHEL installed
- BZ - 733584 - TUI: Three black dots appear in status menu
- BZ - 733585 - An exception has occurred when configure network with vlan
- BZ - 733589 - Cannot view logs in TUI after drop to shell and return to TUI
- BZ - 734122 - local_boot_trigger causes is_upgrade to return true
- BZ - 734695 - didn't echo input in emergency shell
- BZ - 735727 - Login screen: Virtualization hardware is unavailable when virtualization is enable.
- BZ - 735728 - Network status shows unconfigured when configure network with vlan
- BZ - 735903 - TUI: Installation process will spill out off screen when installing bootloader
- BZ - 736357 - RHEVH 6.2 fails to mount lvs after installation
- BZ - 736686 - Un-blacklist /etc/pki/tls/openssl.cnf
- BZ - 736842 - Guests on rhev-h don't associate correctly on rhn
- BZ - 736850 - Change drop to shell option in Config TUI to make it less visible
- BZ - 736971 - dracut wiped the disk although didn't match any bus type
- BZ - 738170 - Transfer vmcore file fail in kdump kernel with rhevm bridge
- BZ - 738172 - Kdump menu: Apply/Reset button should be white background and red font when highlight.
- BZ - 738182 - uninstall didn't wipe the boot disk
- BZ - 738953 - Pop-up "confirm network settings" window immediately
- BZ - 738966 - Add hint that Right side of Config menu is 'Enter' activated
- BZ - 739197 - iscsi initiator name is hardcoded, should be randomly generated during installation
- BZ - 739255 - Status page in TUI shows out of date info
- BZ - 739491 - RHEV-H show virtualization hardware is unavailable after register to RHEV-M
- BZ - 739849 - Register RHN will fail after register satellite.
- BZ - 740216 - Fail to show setup after login and exit to login prompt immediately
- BZ - 740289 - Failed to create storage domains in rhev-h
- BZ - 740406 - add /var/db to rwtab
- BZ - 740565 - Make rhev-hypervisor RPM multi-installable like the kernel
- BZ - 741352 - defuct passwd process left over when using setup
- BZ - 741838 - Serial number is not complete on disk select page
- BZ - 741932 - add vdsm.log to log viewer screen
- BZ - 741942 - Provide a way to cleanly logout from RHEVH
- BZ - 742004 - remove ability for user of log viewer in RHEVH Config UI to get root shell
- BZ - 742125 - Fix log rotation for ovirt.log and brcm-iscsi.log
- BZ - 742167 - reconfigure network cannot remove vlan id and ethx.x
- BZ - 742177 - IPv6 address should not display on status page
- BZ - 742994 - Use pam_limit.so to limit number of concurrent SSH sessions
- BZ - 742995 - Remove ebtables-save|restore from RHEVH image since they are broken (depend on Perl)
- BZ - 744981 - Interactive (TUI) clean installation cannot proceed - drops to a localhost login prompt
- BZ - 745541 - rpcbind and nfslock services should be started after network setup
- BZ - 747102 - Install fails on EFI machine
- BZ - 748005 - rhev-hypervisor renamed to rhev-hypervisor6
- BZ - 748292 - The description of the RHEV-H package contains mistakes
Red Hat Virtualization 6