RHBA-2011:1318 - Bug Fix Advisory
autofs bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated autofs package that fixes one bug is now available for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5.
The autofs utility controls the operation of the automount daemon. The automount
daemon automatically mounts file systems when you use them, and unmounts them
when they are not busy.
This update fixes the following bug:
- Prior to this update, automount always used the host's IP address instead of
the host names. As a result, users had to look up the host name manually when
encountering mount problems. This update modifies the name list check so that
automount uses now the host name for hosts that have only one IP address.
All autofs users are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which fixes
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata relevant
to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 735935 - autofs mounts show IP rather than hostname after upgrade to RHEL 5.7
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5