RHBA-2011:1079 - Bug Fix Advisory
autofs bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated autofs package that fixes several bugs and adds various enhancements
is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
The autofs utility controls the operation of the automount daemon. The automount
daemon automatically mounts file systems when you use them, and unmounts them
when they are not busy.
These updated autofs packages include a number of bug fixes and enhancements.
Space precludes documenting all of these changes in this advisory. Refer to the
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 Technical Notes for information about these
All autofs users are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which provide
numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red Hat
Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 538408 - RFE: automounter to dump maps
- BZ - 546133 - autofs - memory leak on reload
- BZ - 551599 - automount segfaults in lookup_mount
- BZ - 560124 - autofs-5.0.1-0.rc2.131.el5_4.1 is missing man 8 auto.master
- BZ - 563956 - autofs should support paged results from ldap server
- BZ - 566481 - RFE: Add locality LDAP attribute to
- BZ - 570783 - Segmentation fault when looking up '*.'
- BZ - 576775 - segfault in close_mount()
- BZ - 579312 - autmount maps stored in LDAP can not be read using simple authenticated binds
- BZ - 589573 - automount hangs on startup when started with an already mounted cifs share
- BZ - 593378 - If maps include both file and nis maps, included nis maps which worked on RHEL 5.3 no longer work on RHEL 5.4
- BZ - 601935 - Race condition or other deadlocking issue on expire code path
- BZ - 668354 - autofs handle isspace() char incorrectly
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5